Hi, I'm not sure exactly how to recreate this error, but all too often after ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3

Media Player stopping

Advertisement

Hi, I'm not sure exactly how to recreate this error, but all too often after I receive a phone call, my media player stops responding. I listen to 4 hour long audio books and when this happens, I may be 2 hours into an mp3. I can no longer resume playback and have to reload the file and FF to the appropriate area. Not only is this annoying, but sometimes I forget to look where the stop occurred, and then have to take a guess as to where I need to FF to, which is easily a hit or miss situation.

Does anyone else have problems with the media player failing to respond after you have received a few phone calls? I often have to pause the media player for extended periods of time to take care of other business and when I resume I run into the same issue. Im not sure if it is the duration of my pause or what, but needlessly to say it is annoying.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    I'm sure it has something to do with the large file size of your audio books that you're listening to. Try to listen to a small music file and pause it as you would your audio book, and see if it does the same thing. Chances are since the file is so large your media card isn't reading right after being paused for extended periods or abrupt interruptions. Give this a shot and see what the outcome is.

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Maybe try copying the contents of your media card to you PC and then formating on the BB - then move your files back.

It may work.

I listen to 4 - 5 hour long mp3s all the time, talk radio, not audio books but almost the same thing right?

I don't run into any issues you've mentioned EXCEPT when I connect via usb to either DM or the card.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBs in use: Pearl 8110

Currently running OS 4.5.0.42

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok I think i know whats going on here. Whenever my phone plays any kind of audible alert, apparently the sound process is restarted. So if you have an mp3 on pause, and then your Gmail app alerts you to new email, the system resets the sound driver and you have to reload your mp3. Basically the BB OS can only play 1 sound stream at a time, and sound streams that are paused get dumped. Interestingly enough if the sound stream in question, such as my talk radio show is actually in process of playing, the BB OS understands to pause this and resume after the adudible alert is played. It is only after I have paused it manually myself that it seems to lose track. Probably some sort of technical glitch. Needless to say checking where my mp3 stopped has become a habit.