Ok so i got a New 8100 Pearl for AT&T...after a while of trying of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rlopez010 no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Player Malfunctioning problem on 8100

Advertisement

Ok so i got a New 8100 Pearl for AT&T...after a while of trying of put music on my phones memory i finally bought a new microSD card...i also downloaded Desktop manager 4.2 SP2...When i try to play music it says "Unable to Display File" It also says that when i try to open my pics and vids.....im also kinda new with this kinda of stuff so i just NEED HELP ON THIS!

anyone know how to fix this? thxs

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Media Player Malfunctioning problem on 8100

first thing first please save your files from the SD card back to your PC and format the SD card while in your BB by going to options\advance options\memory card and then click the menu button and choose format card. now try coping your files back on to your SD card from your PC and see if you can see them if still no make sure they are formated for BB use which can be done with DM with Roxio

umm ok ill try tht i already formatted my card.... and im trying to put music on my SD Card but how do you do tht with Roxio when i try to it has 3 choices.... which one do i pick?

actually i hae 4.2 SP2 desktop manager and im connecting with a DM but when i try to open roxio it says its not connected when it is...Do i just put in my SD card and put music etc. in there?

ok i tried putting it on my SD card first and tht still didnt help any with the Unable to read file thing...i really need help ...o and also when i try to reboot my pearl it says something about a apllication problem

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I have also been having problems with the media software. I cannot get it to monitor my Real Player folders to sync. I have been able to use real player to sync folders to my Memory card but now it doesn't recognize my play lists...any ideas?
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

any help PLZ!

i need help!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

what format is the music in? Is the music copy protected? If you purchased the music online then sometimes the DRM (copy protection) will not allow you to put it on other devices. I noticed that you also are having problems with pics and vids, have you been able to view them yet? You might end up uninstalling DM and reinstalling. There is also a new 4.3 DM, try that heres the link-go to post #1http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/51412-desktop_manager_4_3_download_and_usage_guide-2.html
    -------
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_guide-2.html
    Last edited by RayZ; 02-03-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged.

ChrisAG no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b2cf00

if the DM isn't seeing the micro SD card, just go to options>Advance Options>Media Card and alter 'Mode When Connected' setting it to Prompt or Yes, then try again. Let me know if that helps
    The joy of life is increase by sharing it with others.

No like when i got my blackberry everything was fine. Then i plugged it into my computer with a USB cable and after tht the music didnt play anymore and etc. i installed desktop manager 4.2 and got "updates" for my phone then i installed desktop manager 4.3 and then it got really messed up btw i have a pearl 8100

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

Quote Originally Posted by rlopez010 View Post
    No like when i got my blackberry everything was fine. Then i plugged it into my computer with a USB cable and after tht the music didnt play anymore and etc. i installed desktop manager 4.2 and got "updates" for my phone then i installed desktop manager 4.3 and then it got really messed up btw i have a pearl 8100

what is you OS on the phone you ? get that by going to option on the phone then select about.

im running 4.2