Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there any way to get media net on the Pearl? When I first got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ljames12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Media Net on the Pearl

Advertisement

Is there any way to get media net on the Pearl? When I first got the phone it had 2 icons in the applications, 1 said "browser" and 1 said "media net". I hid the icons i didn't use and now that I want the internet, the icons won't come back up. I did make them come up once and connected to media net before i subscribed to it. Even if I did have the BB internet I still wouldn't be able to use it.... I've reset the phone and everything. How can I get these icons back??!!! HELP!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Media Net on the Pearl

Depending on what theme your on, go to where you see all your applications, hit menu>select "show all".

Now that you have the icon back go to it, hit menu and select "hide application" so it wont hide anymore.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

What is MediaNet exactly?

Also is it free to subscribe if i have an unlimited data plan?

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

MediaNet is a part of Cingular's data package.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    Depending on what theme your on, go to where you see all your applications, hit menu>select "show all".

Now that you have the icon back go to it, hit menu and select "hide application" so it wont hide anymore.
    Right, no, I've already tried that. That's how I hid them in the first place. I unhid all the available icons to see if the browser icons would appear as hidden later when I hit show all...and they haven't. I'm thinking I may have disabled something before I got the subscription. BTW, I have the network data services "on". So...still at a loss.

kbetzing no está en línea Stack level 1

Try to resending your service books

Smile Re: Media Net on the Pearl

How do you resend the service books? I think I did that...in HRT select "register now"? I only have 1 service book- BBFS1 [BBIMConfig]...is that bad? And is it true that BB's can't have media net service alone? Why is that? There are 2 separate icons for internet so shouldn't there be an option? If you had the BB internet service why would you want Media Net at all???? This baffles and frustrates me! I'm currently on hold with Cingular trying to contact RIM to get this icon situation figured out. Cingular doesn't know what's going on.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you are not going to be able to get "media net" on the bb.

media net is cingular's cell phone browser alternative. you would use media net as a browser for any NON bb phone.

did you subscribe to a data plan? you will need the BIS plan from cingular, which should run you around $30 for unlimited. then you will use the bb browser to surf on the net with your phone. very similiar uses, different brands...

But does it makes sense that there would be a serarate media net icon?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yes....you should have a browser icon.

you can send your service books with a BIS account. do you have a BIS account and/or data package set up with cingular?

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    you are not going to be able to get "media net" on the bb.

media net is cingular's cell phone browser alternative. you would use media net as a browser for any NON bb phone.

did you subscribe to a data plan? you will need the BIS plan from cingular, which should run you around $30 for unlimited. then you will use the bb browser to surf on the net with your phone. very similiar uses, different brands...
    I'm able to access both browsers on my BB.

No, I don't have BIS that's why I wanted to get media net, only. The RIM guy told me to reload all the software on the BB, hopefully that works. If not, will Cing just swap it out with the warranty? Oh yeah, and does it cost per KB or whatever to access the maps feature?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ljames12, You have to have a Blackberry Data Plan (BIS) to access anything that uses data from a BB, including "Media Net". On the BB, the Media Net Browser is what Cingular calls their Wap Browser. I have two Browsers on my Pearl with Cingular the Media Net Browser and The Wap Browser. I normally only use the Intenet Browser as It will open pretty much any website including the WAP sites. If I use the Media Net Bookmarks it will automatically use the Media Net Browser.

Hope this Helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

AJMoore87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E9185A

Please, tell me if you are able to send picture messages james. Because im having a similiar problem (see my post titled: Pearl / Cingular Problem, Help please). Let me know if you are able to send multimedia messages. I think that and media net is related.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast