hi i cant put any tipe of media in my pearl, when i open media ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

trane_bwc no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Media Manager Problem

Advertisement

hi
    i cant put any tipe of media in my pearl, when i open media manager ,on the left side says ''pearl Pin xxxxxxx(device Memory), how can i do it so the media manager can recognize my micro sd .
    GREETINGS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Media Manager Problem

On mine, I go to Options>Media Card>Mass Storage Mode Support should be "on" and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected should be set to "yes" or "prompt". If you choose the "prompt" option each time you hook your BB to your PC it will ask if you wish to enable mass storage mode, tell it yes if you plan to transfer files to your memory card.

Also, make sure you format the memory card on your BB too so the files will load where they should. Let us know if you need more help or if this doesn't work.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

grand04gt no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the same problem but I formated my card to my pearl and I find it works much faster to just take out the card and plug it into my laptop than to use the desktop manager

Thumbs up Re: Media Manager Problem

hi
    i know that using direct browsing i can drag i drop files,i have an adaptor, but when i conect the media card on the blackberry, in the music, in some songs the title is mising, in another, the album artwork or the artists names, even if i re-encode the id3 tags, i thought if i use media manager i couls get rid of that issue.
    I formatted my card again and followe the instructions that you guys gave me, but i still have the same problem, the media manager doesnt recognize it

but , THANKS for you help
    GREETINGS

Hmmm! If your card is formatted properly but things are not showing up properly on your BB when you drag and drop files maybe your card is bad.

Or have you tried updating desktop manager to a new version? Maybe if you do that or uninstall and reinstall it that will help.

Anyone else ever have and solve this problem? More suggestions for her/him would be great!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by azstar; 02-23-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: wrote "her" but could be a "him"

hi
    i tried everything , but i dont think my card is bad, is a sandisk 4gb microsd/hc, the only problem i got is when i edit the id3 tags of the .mp3 when i drag and drop and lay them on my pearl in some some songs the album name & artwork are missing, or the artist name.

THANX

GREETINGS

75stripes no está en línea Stack level 1

I think your problem is not really with your media card but most likely with the blackberry media player and/or the songs themselves. If you had a problem with your media card it would most likely manifest itself as the card being undetectable or being unable to be formatted, not random instances of songs not displaying proper info. It really depends on what program you use to edit the id3 tags. MediaMonkey works well, as well as iTunes (blegh). Also, what plays and displays properly on your computer might not do the same in the BB media player due to it not being as fully featured as what can be on a PC. Let us know what program you use to encode/edit your mp3's. Hope this info helps.

Another thing, I believe the card type might be the issue, depending on your Pearl's handheld software. Make sure you have at least handheld software version 4.2 and DM 4.2.2. That should help.
    Last edited by 75stripes; 02-23-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 75stripes View Post
    I think your problem is not really with your media card but most likely with the blackberry media player and/or the songs themselves. If you had a problem with your media card it would most likely manifest itself as the card being undetectable or being unable to be formatted, not random instances of songs not displaying proper info. It really depends on what program you use to edit the id3 tags. MediaMonkey works well, as well as iTunes (blegh). Also, what plays and displays properly on your computer might not do the same in the BB media player due to it not being as fully featured as what can be on a PC. Let us know what program you use to encode/edit your mp3's. Hope this info helps.
    There could be a problem with the program used for the id3 tags and the bb's media player not playing well together, but trane_bwc is having the issue of things not showing up properly on the BB when trying to drag and drop using a card reader instead of the Desktop Manager's Media Manager.

But I think the real problem is that when the BB is plugged in, even with mass storage mode enabled, the Media Manager is only seeing the device memory and not the media card......so when trane_bwc tried to see if loading through the Media Manager would help....the Media Manager can't find the card so they can't even try to load songs through it.

trane_bwc....am I understanding you or am I confused?
    Twitter? My Apps List

hi
    first of all i want to thank you Azstar & you 75stripes for all the help you made me possible,

75stripes i use iTunes for the encoding, cause i have an ipod.

Azstar YOU ARE CORRECT THATS MY PROBLEM WITH MY BLACKBERRY.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

i'll see what i can do

Question Re: Media Manager Problem

hi
    is there any way that i can change the perals's media player?
    GREETINGS

x-player is a free media player for BB, haven't tried it cuz it's not compatible with my 8130.

http://www.x-berrysoft.com/index.php
    Twitter? My Apps List

texasotts no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having this same issue. I have a 1 GB card and my media manager does not recognize the card. I am not able to drop and drag files directly into it because my pc does not see it either. I am not able to put music into my memory and then move it over to the media card either because it says there is not enough space for 1 song. I am quite frustrated and have a SD card that I cannot use exept to move things over to that are already on the phone!