I have two questions that I hope someone can answer. 1. I deleted some mp3 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

Media file name and ringer problem

Advertisement

I have two questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. I deleted some mp3 files from my phone using the Desktop Manager. Now here is the weird thing. Lets say that the file name was music.mp3.
    When use my phone and go to media "music" section, then the file name isnt there anymore. However, when I set an alarm or set an caller ID, there are options where you can set the ringtone. In the list of available ringtones to pick from, the file music.mp3 is still there. Now when i choose that file, it obvious doesn't work because it is deleted already. However, why is the file stilll there? How do we get rid of it completely? I am using Zen theme and a Kingston 1G microSD card.

2. Another problem is that when someone calls me and it supposes to turn on the ringtone that I choose, it also vibrates twice before the music begins. Is there an option where the phone will just output the music right away when someone calls me?

P.S. I was waiting for the skins for the Blackberry Pearl, but they are sold out already!! I was like..damn! I go to dinner and everyone buys it all..(it was from the site shopblackberry.com)

Is there another site to buy the same skins (and they are still in stock?)

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

Re: Media file name and ringer problem

Quote Originally Posted by levanhieu
    I have two questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. I deleted some mp3 files from my phone using the Desktop Manager. Now here is the weird thing. Lets say that the file name was music.mp3.
    When use my phone and go to media "music" section, then the file name isnt there anymore. However, when I set an alarm or set an caller ID, there are options where you can set the ringtone. In the list of available ringtones to pick from, the file music.mp3 is still there. Now when i choose that file, it obvious doesn't work because it is deleted already. However, why is the file stilll there? How do we get rid of it completely? I am using Zen theme and a Kingston 1G microSD card.

2. Another problem is that when someone calls me and it supposes to turn on the ringtone that I choose, it also vibrates twice before the music begins. Is there an option where the phone will just output the music right away when someone calls me?

P.S. I was waiting for the skins for the Blackberry Pearl, but they are sold out already!! I was like..damn! I go to dinner and everyone buys it all..(it was from the site shopblackberry.com)

Is there another site to buy the same skins (and they are still in stock?)
    I wonder why nobody answered my questions.

I actually just figured out the problem to question 2. Fo anyone who is interested, here is the solution.

If you do not want two vibrations before the ringtone comes on when someone calls you, then here is what you do.

Menu>Profiles>Advanced>Menu button>New Profile

Now in this "New profile section" scroll to the "Phone" part and then you will an option where you can set how many vibrations there are. Choose "1". When I did this and set my phone on the new profile created, then the phone rang right away without the two vibrations.

I hoped that helps

The problem to number 1 in my original post is still...a problem unfortunately.