Hey all! I am new, but I'm having trouble with my SD for my Pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gdcterp no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Media Card will not format

Advertisement

Hey all! I am new, but I'm having trouble with my SD for my Pearl. My Pearl is about 3 weeks old now, so it shouldnt be anything wrong with the phone.

Media Card support is ON
    Mass storage: ON
    Auto Enable when connected: ON

I'm getting a message that says: "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formated."

So I hit menu key, click "Format Card" and after about 30 seconds it says, "Media card format failed"

Help! T-mobile suggested I format the card in one of those "do-it-yourself" photo cmachiens at Walmart or Walgreens. Tried that...didnt work.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Media Card will not format

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Might be something wrong with the sd card. Where did you buy it? Can you return it and get an exchange maybe?

Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-23-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Evoluti0n no está en línea Stack level 2

return the media card and get a new one.

hey thanks for the suggestions, this is actually the second card I've gotten. Both are from a large T-mobile store.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Both had the same issue? Hmmm where do you get the error, dm or phone?

Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-23-2007 at 08:33 PM.

not sure what dm is, sorry I'm nwe to this, but the error is shown under the media card option in my phone

also, i just formated the SD on my computer then put it back in my phone and it still asys cant read the card and when trying to format it again on the phone it says failed

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

remove the card
    without the card in do a batt pull
    phone on batt out 30 sec then back in.
    then reinsert the card and try format. might do the trick
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Thumbs down Re: Media Card will not format

still no luck i actually just used the SD card in the adapter it came with in my digital camera and it worked there just fine, as well as loading the pictures onto the computer. grr this is very frustrating!

kono no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi i am having the same problem. I bought a 2g card for my bb pearl 8130 and it worked for the first week, then I bought another phone, took the card out, it worked ok, then i deceided to put the card back into my pearl and now i cant get it to work. i get all the messages everyone is talking about. i have done everything except take the card back, everything. i am so mad at this i dont want to spend forever trying to get this up and running, i am hoping to have someone help me here. thanks kono

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Wen trying to format your card are you taking the data off before you trying to do it and if so don't but if you already left the data try taking it off one should work it worked for mine!!!!!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hey ppl me and my mom had the same problem. I couldn't play or open a few files and when I tried to delete them I one of those error msgs similar to a windows error...u know the one telling u that whatever ur trying to open or view refers to a location that has either been deleted or is on a different system or sumthin like that.

Anyway, my solution was to use windows to format it. Pearl+Micro SD+Data Cable+Computer=Successful Format !!! Put the card in the phone or a usb card reader, connect it to the computer, go to my computer, right click on the removable disk, select format, go pee, and b4 u get 5 steps away it will be finished, do the confused back and forth shuffle while u try to figure out what u want to do firt because u just heard a window pop up but u just had a super big gulp...

After all that if its still not working, go raise hell at the store where it was purchased lol.

Ow...my wrist and thumb...a case of carpel tunnel caused by blackberry over usage maybe? Hmmm lol

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Man you just out my post to shame I am pissed lol was like okay I had this same so here is my infinite wisdom~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ lmao It happens to all of us at one point in our forum lives.

It makes me feel good because I'm still young and also self-taught