my pearl is not recognizing my media card all of a sudden.. all my pics, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gotzoom? no está en línea Stack level 2

Question media card problem, everything is gone!!

Advertisement

my pearl is not recognizing my media card all of a sudden.. all my pics, ringtones and themes that i paid for are gone..

i tried the whole battery reset thingk several times and nothing.. i have taken the media card out several times and nothing... all of sudden after a year and a half i am having a problem?

i tried hooking the phone up to my computer via the usb cable and still nothing there for me to save to my computer so i can re-format the card...

i also tried putting the card directly into my card reader on my desktop and it tells me i need to format it..

wtf how am i suppose to save my stuff??

please help A.S.A.P

Signed,
    Distressed and ready to take a hammer to my phone..

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I know you know this, but make sure your default settings concerning the media card are still like they were. Wow, that is really strange. Im sure a device expert will post soon with some help.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Find out who the vendor is for your card, google for a recovery tool for the card, if the vendor does not offer one, there are several out there that work on different cards. Try to recovery your info using the tool, reformat w/your BB device(Through options/media card.), then reload your stuff. Hope this works for you...and may the Force be with you.

P.S. I always keep a backup of all my card info on another card...just in case!

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Find out who the vendor is for your card, google for a recovery tool for the card, if the vendor does not offer one, there are several out there that work on different cards. Try to recovery your info using the tool, reformat w/your BB device(Through options/media card.), then reload your stuff. Hope this works for you...and may the Force be with you.

P.S. I always keep a backup of all my card info on another card...just in case!
    Oops, almost forgot! Format new cards w/options/media card (On your device.)...this will work wonders for your card.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You also need a good preventive measure. I have written about this, several times. STILL, it seems to not be a sticky. Go figure. It's as if nobody has had this problem until you did. lol

Use keyword: 'media card' or 'media card problem' or play with different combos. You'll find it, I think --unless it has also been eradicated from the site, as well.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh! Good luck getting your stuff back! Been there, myself. No fun.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Yet putting your card into your pc directly then either defrag or scan disk. I know its a long shot but something like this happened to be about 12 months ago and do this made the card start to work again.

Gotzoom? no está en línea Stack level 2
    well tried everything you guys mentioned and nothing so i gave up cause i couldnt take it anymore, reformated it and works fine now.. i will be backing up BB everyday now, LOL..

thank you...

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Gate to say it but dm backup doesn't include the memory card.
    For safety copy the card into a folder on your pc regular

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    what he said^^^^ always one step behind...haha

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    make sure you set a device pw or encryption to the card as well

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    make sure you set a device pw or encryption to the card as well
    Good advice as well. I have cards everywhere. It wouldn't take much for someone steal info from you. I Encrypt all my cards.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i was in the Navy RnD sector for 4 yrs at weapons testing base and they made us implement content protection on the strongest setting

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, but I dropped my phone. Everything works fine just no media card recognized either on my phone or my desktop. Haven't had the opportunity to try another media card, but have tried my media card in other devices and there is nothing there. I realize this doesn't help your problem at all but I think my card just died. It was pretty new too.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well cards dont just die. there is no moving parts in a memory card. so basically the contacts on the card are scratched or warped. it could also be the device as well