I have a BB Pearl 8110 with a 2GB media card, and up until the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

srhMayheM no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Media Card Not Recognized By PC Anymore

Advertisement

I have a BB Pearl 8110 with a 2GB media card, and up until the other day it worked great. But now when I plug it into my computer with a USB cord and go to Desktop Manager>Media Manager only "Device Memory" appears, not my media card memory. It doesn't even show up as portable storage under My Computer. So I formatted the card and still nothing happened. Here are my media card settings:

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt
    Total Space: 2GB
    Free Space: 2GB

My phone recognizes my media card but my computer doesn't, any suggestions?

Thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do you get a "recognition tone" when you plug it in? What is on the other end of the USB cable that you're plugging it into your p-c? Could the reader be faulty. More info please.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Yes, I get a recognition tone when I plug my phone into my computer.

The it's recognizing it..and then, when you click on "My Computer" what do you get? More info!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Nothing shows up under "My Computer". I tried it on my brothers computer and it came up on his"My Computer" no problem, but on mine I get nothing.

Have you tried rebooting your p-c? It's obviously recognizing the device. I'm baffled. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah I have tried about everything I can think of, I'm baffled as well. But thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Have you tried rebooting your p-c? It's obviously recognizing the device. I'm baffled. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Quote Originally Posted by srhMayheM View Post
    Yeah I have tried about everything I can think of, I'm baffled as well. But thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.
    I suggested rebooting your p-c - you never said whether you did or not. Clear your cache, temporary files, etc. and reboot your p-c to see if that helps.

scoope no está en línea Stack level 2
    I recently had a similar problem with a mac. I was plugging in via a USB hub but the phone was not mounting as an external drive (Mass Storage on etc.).

I wiggled all the connecting wires and then restarted the mac with the phone still attached and that did the trick.

Have you tried plugging into a different USB port on yuur PC?

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have had this problem more than once myself. i always just pull my card out of the phone and re-install it. Usually it will read it then or just disconnect DM and reconnect it.
    silvermoon