Hi!! Does anyone know what to do if your pearl is not reading the media ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ritchiemarie no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Media card not reading!!

Advertisement

Hi!!
    Does anyone know what to do if your pearl is not reading the media card? It was working when I first put it in, but I had to take it out of the phone to see if it would work with another phone, and ever since then it not reading it. I've re-inserted it many times but nothing! Its really frustrating and if anyone could help I would be soooo thankful for the rest of my life!!!!
    Ritchie

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Media card not reading!!

When you inserted it into the other phone did you format it with the other phone?

No i did not. It was actually for that phone, but it wasn 't reading it in that one either. So i decided to see if it would read it in mine, and it did, worked fine then when I took it out it stopped..I dunno!!! Its upsetting me
    Ritchie

mazdaf no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Media card not reading!!

I have the same problem. I purchased a 512 MB memory card and inserted it into my phone, it worked. Then a friend took it and put it in his phone, it again worked. When i put it back into my phone, it no longer worked, the pearl could not recognize the memory card, but when again inserted into my friend's samsung phone it worked.

To add to the problem, sometimes i can not see some folders in my media. I have created a new video folder under Device Memory, but i can not see this folder when browsing the media in my pearl. Any ideas?

mazdaf no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Media card not reading!!

Try this.

Instead of using your scroll mouse to select folders, use the menu options instead.

For example, from the desktop, go to media, then click the mouse ball to select it. Then scroll to Video, then click on the menu button and choose explore. You shoudl now see two options, device memory and media card.

I don't know if this will work for your problem, i do not have a memory card to test this idea on, but this function did work to allow me access to my device memory, where before even that was not available.

In my case, i think i deleted my original folders, so the shortcuts no longer work, therefore i have to use the explore function to search for folders. Hope this helps.

I've tried that but nothing..sad to say...and to make matters worse, now my phone just shuts off when it wants too. It happened twice today..I dunno wats wrong..
    Ritchie

scarletvw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    207c77eb

I've noticed when the Memory card in my pearl is put into another phone the card wont work anymore with my pearl

are u serious?? so that means I have to get another one? That sucks!!!
    Ritchie

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

you may lose all info but go to options>advanced>media card hit menu then format card. it may erase all info but then you should just reloadit hope this helps
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

I did try that but every time i hit the menu after i get to the media card it just says close..and when i go into it, says that there is no media card present....
    Ritchie

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Open up the BB and remove the media card. Inspect all the contacts on the BB and see if they are not bent or broken. You may have damaged your BB if you weren't very carefull in installing the media card.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

The media card has not been in the phone for awhile now..I just opened it up and everything looks good, so I have no clue what the problem is with the media card. Like i said, it also does not read in the razor phone that it came in. Its been like that ever since I tried to install it in that phone, but worked okie with mine until recently. =(
    Ritchie

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

sounds like a card issue to me.
    I could be wrong, it's happened before.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

thank you guys soo very much!! I must agree with you too, its the card!!! Damn Card!! o well, i just need to get another one then...
    Ritchie