Results 1 to 10 of 10

I loaded the freebie of Bowling from BBLounge and a new theme and now i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    silvermoon's Avatar
    silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    103

    Media card issues

    Advertisement



    I loaded the freebie of Bowling from BBLounge and a new theme and now i am having SERIOUS problems getting my phone AND my desktop manager to recognize my media card.

    I tried removing the new theme, a battery pull and restoring all my data from before i did the add on and NOTHING has helped!!

    When i did the battery pull though, the media card was recognized and when i connected my phone to the desktop manager to open up the media manager it disappeared from both the phone and the manager....all i want is to add some songs!!

    HELP before i get really ticked!!!
    silvermoon

  2. #2
    silvermoon's Avatar
    silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    103

    Re: Media card issues

    HARK! I think i have found the problem..when i go into Advanced and check out my Media Card Options it says at the bottom of the screen:

    The Media Card is not available because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use

    SOO...how do i get that fixed?
    silvermoon

  3. #3
    GaryF's Avatar
    GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: Media card issues

    Device will not have access to the card while connected to the computer in mass storage mode.
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist
    The Shark Tank

  4. #4
    doughdaddy's Avatar
    doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Media card issues

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon View Post
    HARK! I think i have found the problem..when i go into Advanced and check out my Media Card Options it says at the bottom of the screen:

    The Media Card is not available because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use

    SOO...how do i get that fixed?
    menu > options > media card > turn off "auto enable mass storage mode when connected"

  5. #5
    silvermoon's Avatar
    silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    103

    Re: Media card issues

    so any help for my original prob? got that other one fixed...
    silvermoon

  6. #6
    Yogich's Avatar
    Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    417

    Re: Media card issues

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1. You probably should set the Mass Storage to 'Prompt'

    2. Whenever you add /delete files from media card, it is a VERY good idea to check for errors/defrag the card.

    When I did both operations, I had no problems with card access for upward of four+ months. When I stopped checking for errors & only did degrag, I had a problem within about two weeks. That problem was TODAY. It takes far longer to correct the problem than to prevent it!

  7. #7
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481

    Re: Media card issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Yogich View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1. You probably should set the Mass Storage to 'Prompt'

    2. Whenever you add /delete files from media card, it is a VERY good idea to check for errors/defrag the card.

    When I did both operations, I had no problems with card access for upward of four+ months. When I stopped checking for errors & only did degrag, I had a problem within about two weeks. That problem was TODAY. It takes far longer to correct the problem than to prevent it!
    could you please tell me exactly how the defrag the media card?

  8. #8
    Yogich's Avatar
    Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    417

    Re: Media card issues

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Tether BB with mass storage, load the defrag utility.

  9. #9
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481

    Re: Media card issues

    I'll do it, thanks a lot!

  10. #10
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481

    Re: Media card issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Yogich View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Tether BB with mass storage, load the defrag utility.
    hey, i defragged the media card, and now i get an error that says errors on card, connect to a computer and analize-media card cannot be read. if i format, it says ill lose all my data. what do i do now? tried powering down, that didnt work, do i need to take the battery out? help!!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •