Ok, so i went out and bought a micro sd card for my blackberry 8100 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

boisilv3r no está en línea Stack level 1

A Media card has been Inserted that contains Errors! Please Help

Advertisement

Ok, so i went out and bought a micro sd card for my blackberry 8100 red pearl.. and everything was running smoothly up until this morning when all of a sudden it just conked out on me and now im getting an error message. "A media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer" So ive done that,[B] and still nothings happening. Every time I click on the tools option after right clicking on the drive from my computer and try clicking on the "error checking" option, a message pops up saying that "Error-checking cannot be completed" I have also tried many other things to correct this problem and nothing is seeming to work...ive tried inserting the Micro Sd card directly into the computer and tried deleting the files that way, as well as tried hooking the cable up to my phone and deleting them and trying to fix it that way... I have also tried to format the card 5 times...all of them ending with a message saying "The media card inserted could not be formatted" OR something to that affect. And when i hook it up to my computer on mass storage mode and finally am able to view some of the files saved on the media card i get an error message that pops up stating " F:\Blackberry\Videos is not accessible" or "F:\Blackberry\Ringtones is not accessible" etc... it says that for everything except the music.. is there anything i can do at all to fix this problem, its driving me insane trying to figure this stuff out. I just bought this media card and it was working great and now its not all of a sudden?? ive read through all the previous posts in this forum and tried all their ideas but they didnt work at all...and i really dont want to have to go out and blow another 50.00 on a miniture plastic card with a bunch of wires in it...one was expensive enough.. Thanks so much in advance to anyone that can help me resolve this problem!!!! its greatly appreciated!!!!
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 05-14-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: format edit

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    When you say you tried formatting your card, was that on your BB or on your PC?

Also, check out this link:
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=206892289

the 4gb microsdhc there is only $27.95.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

I Tried formatting the card on my BB first and then on My computer...i get the same message popping up on both, that its unable to format the card...but i still have all the songs that were put on my Micro sd card along with the pictures but for some reason i am unable to access them, but it still shows them as being there

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Are your folders labeled correctly?

As far as i know they are... I have 2 folders when i first open it saying Blackberry, and Music...then when i click on Blackberry 4 new folders are present.. titled Music, Pictures, Ringtones, AND Videos

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Which folder are the music files on? The both of them or just one of the folders?

I am not really sure exactly what is wrong with your card or phone. I am just trying to troubleshoot this whole thing.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have posted many times on this problem ...along with solutions. All you need do is search my posts. good luck!!

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogich View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have posted many times on this problem ...along with solutions. All you need do is search my posts. good luck!!
    Can you provide a link?

Its on both when the media card is first opened and it has the two folders... Blackberry (containing, music, pictures, ringtones, and videos) and the second folder is Music.

Yogich, i have read through every single post regarding this issue and all of them dont seem to be doing a thing...unless i have missed one im not sure, but any help would be great.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    Can you take the card back and get another one?

Actually...is your media card password protected or encyption mode turned on?
    Last edited by madetosink; 05-14-2008 at 06:22 PM.