Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I can pull up the media card under music and pictures when my phone is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Pickle021880 no está en línea Stack level 1

media card goes away when connected to computer

Advertisement

I can pull up the media card under music and pictures when my phone is not connected to the computer but as soon as i hook it to the computer the media card goes away. So I cant load music from my computer onto the phone.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: media card goes away when connected to computer

When you have the device hooked up to the pc and in mass storage mode you will no tbe able to view the memory card in the phone. It makes it inaccessible. What version of media manager do you have? the roxio version needs it in mass storage the others do not. go into menu, options, advanced options, media card, set auto enable mass storage to prompt. should notify you before it auto enables.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What do you mean it goes away. If you have mass media enabled when connected, you will not be able to use the Media App on the BB to browse to the Media Card. You can download Media to the Media card using Windows Explorer, or if you are using Roxio Media manager, with that. Once downloaded to the correct folder in the Media Card, disconnect the BB and you can now view the Card on your BB. You have formated the card using the Options/Advanced Options/Media Card feature?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

does it go away in the phone? or goes away on the computer? like if you open My Computer there is no mass media storage device connected with a new drive letter?

It never shows under my computer. It will not let me save my music to the card. I have already formatted the card. The mass storage is set to on. I have been trying to fix this for 3 days.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle021880
    It never shows under my computer. It will not let me save my music to the card. I have already formatted the card. The mass storage is set to on. I have been trying to fix this for 3 days.
    What about the auto enable mass storage? and do you have roxio media manager?

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

have you tried different USB ports?

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

you can also try hooking up to another computer and see if the media card can be seen then by auto-play...this will tell you if it's your usb ports or drivers

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481

Or just pull the card, use a card reader for your computer and load the card that way. Then put the card back in the phone and the files are there...

Ok I removed the card and put it strait into the computer. It installed (after I found a driver) and I put a song on it. I put the card back into my phone and the song is no where to be found. I am running Vista and I have had problems with drivers. I am now uninstalling all my desktop manager to reinstall and try to start over new.

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

good idea...post back with info

ok, i had put the song on the sd card but not under music, so once I moved it I found it. So I can take the card out of the phone and put song on it just fine but if I put the card back into the phone and try to download to it and it dont work.

taykhbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle021880
    I had the same problem, whenever I connect the Pearl to the PC, the desktop manager did not recognise the media card. Mass Storage was set in Auto Mode when connected. Finally I managed to get around this but I had to do this every time when the Pearl is connect to the PC as follows :
    Select Option, Advance Options, Media Card, press menu button then Enable USB. Its a bit of a hassle but it work.

it does not have enable usb as an option does it need to be connected to the computer?

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

Sometimes when my bb keyboard is locked mass storage won't pop up on my coMputer. Which then I would have to unplug the usb unlock the phone then connect it again thatz what I do but other then that I haven't had and other problem related to media card and mass storage. Also although I'm not so sure I remember hearing about certain cards not working with the pearl I'm not so sure though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast