So i just got a 2gb memory card, its in the phone and formatted.. is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

media card

Advertisement

So i just got a 2gb memory card, its in the phone and formatted.. is it set and ready to go? I'm still pretty new to this. There was a pop up window saying something about maximum capacity or memory.. something that i can't remember at the moment. What's that all about? Also, under encryption, what's the diff. between the 3 options, device, sec. pass and sec pass & device?

Thanks

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: media card

Under "total space" and then "free space" does it show up? If yes then you are ready to go! Dont know what your pop up was exactly, was it on the PC or the BB? If on the BB I would think that was just a quick FYI for your new card. Cant remember if I got one or not when I first put my card in. Also encryption lets you lock down the data on your card if it ever gets removed I believe. However I don't know the difference in the 3 options there. I ran a search and found alot of people don't know and couldn't find one definitive answer yet.
    xoxo ;-)
    Last edited by lovin2act; 01-09-2008 at 07:28 PM.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by sadie84 View Post
    So i just got a 2gb memory card, its in the phone and formatted.. is it set and ready to go? I'm still pretty new to this. There was a pop up window saying something about maximum capacity or memory.. something that i can't remember at the moment. What's that all about? Also, under encryption, what's the diff. between the 3 options, device, sec. pass and sec pass & device?

Thanks
    The Memory card should be ready to go about that message im not sure dont remember if it happened to me when i installed mine but the encryption its just the security of the card....device is it will encrypt the files within the card and can be viewed only on the phone, the security password sets a password for the media card and the other option just puts the two together....hope this helps sadie
    Last edited by rpol8052; 01-09-2008 at 07:22 PM.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

did the pop up maybe say "enable mass storage device"? if so, you want to say yes if you want to drag and drop pictures, music or videos on your phone's memory card.

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

^^yeah i think that's what it said, but now i can't get it to pop back up.. i go into options>advanced>media card>Auto enable mass storage mode when connected... is that it? should it be set to yes? it's set to prompt now

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

its up to you, basically what it does is lets the computer see the card when u connect the phone so that way u can drag files in to it...prompt just asks u every time u connect it

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Yes, set it to yes :-) Prompt might get annoying. But this way you can drag and drop stuff from your pc when its connected through the USB cord. You cant access media on your phone when you are connected though in case you ever wonder.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".