hey guys... i bought a brand new 1 gig micro card for my pearl aand ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bustinstugot no está en línea Stack level 2

media card

Advertisement

hey guys... i bought a brand new 1 gig micro card for my pearl aand it asked me if i want to put it on mass storage mode or not and i selected yes. i plug in my pearl to my computer opening it with blackberry desktop manager.... and its not reading the card. it says i only have 19.0 total space and 8.35 free space. what do i have to do to get this working. i also went into advanced options and turned off mass mode and it still isn't working. any suggestions?

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: media card

you should select no you don't want to do the mass storage thing.... did you reboot and try again?

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Go into your "My Computer" with the Pearl hooked up via USB, and see if there is a removable drive, if so, open it up and drag and drop.

You transfer media to your media card like you do with other media devices, meaning you dont need the DM like you do with the pearl's internal memory.
    My music is so loud, i'm swinging.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

if there's nothing on the card, do a format.

when i got my 2gig card and stuck it in, it said total space 995mb or something and i thought i got scammed...but then i formatted it and it changed to 1.89gb or something close to that.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by bustinstugot
    hey guys... i bought a brand new 1 gig micro card for my pearl aand it asked me if i want to put it on mass storage mode or not and i selected yes. i plug in my pearl to my computer opening it with blackberry desktop manager.... and its not reading the card. it says i only have 19.0 total space and 8.35 free space. what do i have to do to get this working. i also went into advanced options and turned off mass mode and it still isn't working. any suggestions?
    I'm not sure, but on the two Pearls I have, when you select mass storage mode, etc. the chip will no longer show up in DM.

This is because you have chosen to have the card recognized as a "drive" when you connect the Pearl with a USB cable.

In other words, you do NOT have to open DM to transfer files, as Windows Explorer will open when you connect the USB cable from the PC to the Pearl.

I do not know which of the below might enable the card to be seen in DM.

Bonus Tip: transferring files to the card via DM would be painfully slow. So I would not use DM to do so anyway.

The settings are below:

<settings>

<advanced options>

<Media Card>

<Media Card Support> is 'on'

<Mass Storage Mode Support> is on

Says 'Yes' in <Auto Enable Mass Storage...>

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you should format the card if you have not yet. Then try a hard reset and this time make sure that the mass storage is off when you connect to your computer. This way your dm manager should rcognize your media card.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

How do you format the card. In the phone or do you need a cardreader?

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

in the phone...

options >> advanced >> media card

the click the button left of the ball then select 'Format'.