I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times but I can't seem to find ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jasonrs2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Maximum microSD Capacity for 4.2.1.107?

Advertisement

I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for via search.

I've read the microSD capacity on the Pearl is dependant on the OS. I have OS 4.2.1.107; what is the largest microSD card I can use without issues? I want to get the largest one possible.

Also, OS 4.2.1.107 is the latest OS, right?

Thanks in advance.

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Maximum microSD Capacity for 4.2.1.107?

Search www blackberry com slash btsc site for "What is a microSD media card" (Doc ID KB05461). That article shows the max capacity for each vesion of the OS. You can use the Downloads link on the left panel to find the latest version of the OS for your Pearl/carrier combination.

I'd include the links, but my post count isn't high enough yet.

Thanks for the speedy reply! Looks like I'm limited to 4GB until 4.3.0 is released for the 8100.

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Glad I could help. I'm in the same situation with a new SanDisk 6GB card I got for Christmas full of music and movies waiting for 4.3.x to use it in my Curve. I guess my 1GB card will have to do for a little while longer.

Just bought a SanDisk 4GB card. Stored about 100 songs on it so far and will be transferring a movie to it shortly. Forget the iPhone, this thing is awesome! I can't believe I put off getting this memory card for so long. Thanks again for the info.