hi i m new to this forum ..i have black berry 8100 ..and when i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saroz1983 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question mass storage problem

Advertisement

hi i m new to this forum ..i have black berry 8100 ..and when i connect it to PC there is no USB sign and i canot access through removable disk(like removable disk H ..i don't know what is the problem...mine version is 4.5.0.42(platform 2.7.0.60)
    and
    media card support is on
    mass storage mode on
    auto enable mass storage mode when connected yes

and i also downloaded blackberry dekstop manager 4.3 but there is nothing like file transfer kit from my pc to black berry
    so can anyone help me..i m using vista ultimate
    thanks in advance

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by saroz1983 View Post
    hi i m new to this forum ..i have black berry 8100 ..and when i connect it to PC there is no USB sign and i canot access through removable disk(like removable disk H ..i don't know what is the problem...mine version is 4.5.0.42(platform 2.7.0.60)
    and
    media card support is on
    mass storage mode on
    auto enable mass storage mode when connected yes

and i also downloaded blackberry dekstop manager 4.3 but there is nothing like file transfer kit from my pc to black berry
    so can anyone help me..i m using vista ultimate
    thanks in advance
    Welcome to the stacks. If I understand you you're trying to access your media card through your p-c. Do you have media manager in your Desktop Manager? That's probably the easiest way to do it. If not you will need to re-install a version with Media Manager in it - it comes both with and without.

...and, if you have mass storage device turned on in you BB it should be accessible as a drive as well.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

thanks for the help..yeah i have installed dekstop manager 4.3 but there is no media manager ..so do i need to install it seperately?where can i find media manager suitable for vista?

Go to this site - they offer it all. Be sure to pic a Desktop Manager WITH Media Manager included. I don't do Vista but 4.3 or 4.5 should work. I'm XP and still using DM 4.3. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    saroz, I just wanna give you my opinion on media managing!!

I personally, DO NOT USE the Desktop Manager, it's a hit or miss and it's just confusing (IMO). I see that you're trying to copy paste your media using mass storage mode, but it's just not working for you.

Let's try this: First your settings
    Under- Options>Media Card
    1) Media Card Support - ON
    2) Encryption Mode - NONE
    3) Mass Storage Mode Support - ON
    4) Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected - Prompt (try this instead of YES)

Once you have those settings, do a battery pull and let your BlackBerry reboot.

Now, with your keypad unlocked, plug your BlackBerry into your PC/Computer using the USB cord, You then should get a Prompt window on your BlackBerry asking if you would like to enable mass storage mode, select Yes.

You now should be able to access your media card under your computers USB's as a removable drive. If not, then try a different USB port.

Hope this helps

thanks guys.....i just wanted to do as beeshabo said.....i just want to copy paste...i did as beeshabo told but when i connected my phone to pc it just said device drive installed successfully....so i don't know what is wrong?

Have you tried accessing the driver??

Maybe you need to install the USB drivers.....?!?!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Have you checked in the "computer" icon to see your drives? The BB may be listed there.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

element27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30573FEE
    Try installing the device software on the PC. I have heard that it's not needed on XP and later but I used to support a 2000 environment and we needed the device software installed before the BB was recognized. When you plug it into the PC does the charge icon stay on the device or turn off after a few seconds? If it turns off it's a good indication that the device software needs to be installed on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Have you checked in the "computer" icon to see your drives? The BB may be listed there.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    FYI, in case you may be overlooking it, my BB shows up as "Removable Drive E" or some such, not as anything recognizable as a BB.

hey guys i changed the mobile and got the new blackberry...and it does fine ...mass storage mode is ok ....anyway thanks for ur guys cooperation.....
    thanks

Good news!! guess it was a hardware problem eh...well, it happens!

glad you got it worked out, hit us up if you need any other help

orb2k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207BCA35
    Guys, I have the new Bold (it's not my first BB) but ever since I have DM 4.6 I can't access my media card thru my computer, it only shows the data that is on my phone not the media card...

I never had this problem with my 8310 (I would plug it and drag and drop songs and pics as a usb key/drive)

orb2k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207BCA35
    I figured out my problem, the drive is there....my bad