Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i was frustrated when trying to add mp3's to my pearl beacuse i thought it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

laydeejj no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Mass Storage Not Working (and it is enabled)

Advertisement

i was frustrated when trying to add mp3's to my pearl beacuse i thought it needed to be enabled but it never showed up on my desktop manager/application loader until i had it OFF and not on. then i could access it. worth a shot to try it the other way and it might work like mine did.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Quote Originally Posted by laydeejj
    i was frustrated when trying to add mp3's to my pearl beacuse i thought it needed to be enabled but it never showed up on my desktop manager/application loader until i had it OFF and not on. then i could access it. worth a shot to try it the other way and it might work like mine did.
    If you enable mass storage mode, the media card should show up as a removable storage device. If you go to "start">"My Computer", you should see an extra drive mine happens to be "I:".

If you have mass storage mode enabled, DM Media Manager will not recognize the media card. Mass storage mode is strictly for drag and drop transfer.
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

alphaz2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E042CC

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    If you enable mass storage mode, the media card should show up as a removable storage device. If you go to "start">"My Computer", you should see an extra drive mine happens to be "I:".

If you have mass storage mode enabled, DM Media Manager will not recognize the media card. Mass storage mode is strictly for drag and drop transfer.
    So my update:

With the Mass Storage mode off, DM Media Manager does not see the card (It only lists device memory -- which is empty, as it should be)

With the Mass Storage mode ON, there is no mounted drive -- and it does not prompt me on the phone.

This was all AFTER upgrading the os to 4.2.x.101 (which went successfully otherwise, thanks for the directions).

-Tom

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by alphaz2k
    So my update:

With the Mass Storage mode off, DM Media Manager does not see the card (It only lists device memory -- which is empty, as it should be)

With the Mass Storage mode ON, there is no mounted drive -- and it does not prompt me on the phone.

This was all AFTER upgrading the os to 4.2.x.101 (which went successfully otherwise, thanks for the directions).

-Tom
    This is definately wierd. I have 4.2.1.101 on my BB and 4.2.2.14 DM on the PC, with Roxio media manager. When i have mass storage mode on i can access my media card and move files back and forth in media manager and in my computer (f: drive) same thing. If not in mass storage media manager prompts to enable mass storage and unltil i do i cannot access my media files from the PC. It has been awhile since i have had any other DM version, so maybe someone else can confirm, but i beleive it was reversed on other DM versions. That you could not be in mass storage mode to access memory card from media manager.
    Also try pulling the card out of the phone and see if the card is read in a card reader. If so trans any info you may already have on the card to the pc, format the card in the BB, then try to transfer the info back via media manager. See if that changes anything.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 07-23-2007 at 10:53 AM.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    I have 4.2.1.101 on my BB and 4.2.2.14 DM on the PC, with Roxio media manager. When i have mass storage mode on i can access my media card and move files back and forth in media manager and in my computer (f: drive) same thing. If not in mass storage media manager prompts to enable mass storage and unltil i do i cannot access my media files from the PC. It has been awhile since i have had any other DM version, so maybe someone else can confirm, but i beleive it was reversed on other DM versions. That you could not be in mass storage mode to access memory card from media manager.
    You are correct sir. I don't like Roxio, so I never use it. It's true that on the latest DM mass storage mode must be enabled in order to use media manager. I was thinking of the old media manager. Thanks for pointing that out.

Well, I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else will come along that can help you out.

pcalvin no está en línea Stack level 1

Is your keypad locked when you attach your pearl to your computer? If so, unlock it and you'll see the storage card on your computer.

(I use my Pearl all the time as an adhoc backup solution and tripped over this a while back)
    Phil

alphaz2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E042CC

Quote Originally Posted by pcalvin
    Is your keypad locked when you attach your pearl to your computer? If so, unlock it and you'll see the storage card on your computer.

(I use my Pearl all the time as an adhoc backup solution and tripped over this a while back)
    Phil
    Yup. Keypad is unlocked...

I think I'm just going to accept that I need to just use the card with an SD card reader, and that mass storage mode is just not meant to be...

Thanks all.

sun_spot no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Mass Storage Not Working (and it is enabled)

I had a similar problem with my 2GB card. Under my desktop computer's Device Manager, I noticed the "RIM Blackberry SD USB Device" had a yellow exclamation point. I tried to update the driver, but it never helped. Finally, I disabled it (right-click) and then enabled it. Surprise, it works. I have to do this every time I connect the BB and want to access the SD, but it always fixes the problem.

Hope this helps.

w9ndb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by miclflores
    I've noticed this problem with my phone, but only when it connects to my computer with the DM software installed. It works fine on every other computer i've used. It actually shows up as a removable drive. Weird, somewhat annoying, but I just use the DM Media Manager. But if anyone does know of a fix it would be nice to know.

I have the same issue with ATT 4.2.1.96. My BB works fine as a mass storage device with any Mac that I plug it into but won't work on the one that I have the pocketmac software instaled on. I don't have a windows machime to try it on since I'm currently traveling, but will be uppgrading to .101 when I get ahold of a windows box. It worked fine before the upgrade of the OS (about 2 weeks ago, it was running a really old version till then). It's probably unrelated but I've tried all the troubleshooting steps that the OP did.

djrobinn no está en línea Stack level 1

I have exactly the same issues as the OP here... too bad it didn't work for him... it doesn't work for me either.

However, I got a hold of another Pearl, which I plugged in to my computer and this one promptly showed me the drive on My Computer... I hated it coz the little hope I had of rebuilding my PC in a bid to try and make it work didn't exist anymore...

What do I do now? 2 Pearls, 1 PC, same settings... one pearl successfully shows a Disk Drive on my computer (albeit empty) and mine, which has a 2 GB MiniSD shows jack-$hit... I hate it...

What's my recourse... please someone help... of course, my device was patched up to the wazoo (v4.2.1.107 (Platform 2.3.0.83)) TMO.

ichavis no está en línea Stack level 1

me too!

I dont know what i can offer but i have an unlocked TMO 8320. I have a 4gb microsd installed. whatever i plug this into does not detect and mount a drive. I've plugged this into a vista, mac, and linux system. My 8310 mounted this same SD fine. For ha-ha's, i put a 64mb sd into the 8320 and still didnt mount it...yes, i formatted and have all the right settings. So can this be a hardware problem? Or maybe tied to unlocking the phone? Looking for any patterns. I spent some time with RIM support and they could not fix it...i've tried wipes and reinstalls.

im running os 4.2.2.184

ira

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i am thinking its a software version issue with how dm is communicating with mass storage mode on the device.

Hi....well, in theory with mass storage mode turned on i can plug the bb into any computer system that supports usb removable media and have an bb microsd mounted as a volume on that system. To the best of my knowlege, DM is not needed for this. I hae plugged my old bb8310 into a pc,max,linux system and the BLACKBERRY volume appears as a drive.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but i was talking about roxio in DM

Its been a while, Anyone have a solution to this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12