Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hello GaryF, Just grabbed the Blackberry Video Converter you recommended, and it looks pretty sweet. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ed_scott0013 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Hello GaryF,

Just grabbed the Blackberry Video Converter you recommended, and it looks pretty sweet. I'll have to try it out once I have some media to convert.

Dubtek no está en línea Stack level 1
    I Recently purchased an 8100 off of ebay unlocked as well, I was trying to get it to work properly for a while, reinstalling trying different versions of desktop manager I was ready to throw my berry off the balcony, then i had an idea to try the usb cable that came with my sony camera bam it connected flawlessly, i still don't see it as a drive in windows or can't see my card in 4.2.2 or 4.3 but hey 4.2.1 works fine. so you may want to try a decent cable, if you purchased your berry off ebay they probably sent the cheapest most useless cable they could find. as they did in my case.

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    my phone got a virus from my computer and i had to replace it of course so when i got my new pearl i put in the media card and it said it wont prompt the same thing as what ed_scott0013 had so one day me and my firend were finding themes for his nokia and we were bored so we wer like messing with our medai cards and it turned out what i had to do was open up media manager on and enable the media card on my sisters peal and i was able to acces the files and i deleted all the balckberry files. and then i put it back to my new pearl and made new folders named blackberry - music, ringtones, etc. and it works perfectly it was a 2gb and i did the same thing when i switched to a 4gb

ed_scott0013 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hello Dubtek,

In my case, I'm pretty sure the cable was not the issue, since I used multiple cables on different computers (some that came with my camera, external USB hard drive, pack-in-OEM cable that came with my phone, etc).

Hello dj_polak15,

I tried a card swap with my friends Pearl, and it works exactly as expected in his unit (computer recognizes the phone as a mass storage device). When placed back in my unit, it still goes back to being semi-functional (works only through the older version of Desktop Manager), even with the exact same settings and folders on the card.

mindabsence no está en línea Stack level 1
    an update from me here (sorry I haven't been by this thead much lately).
    I had a good deal come up from the local classified site for an 8310 locked to rogers. The phone was only a couple of weeks old and the price was right, so I went for it. I figured if the unlocking/refurbishing of my old pearl was affecting the media card problems, then maybe this would solve it. Of course that wasn't my main reason for changing though, the curves and their features have always appealed to me more than the pearls.

I stuck my microSD card in it all excited to copy some music over.. and nothing. This phone has the EXACT same issue. It won't show up in roxio media manager and it won't show up as a removable drive letter. The phone recognizes the card fine but it's a pain in the rear to have to pull it apart everytime I want to update some music or pictures on the card!
    I'll keep going away at ideas seeing if I can conjur up a solution, but you guys are still longer running blackberry pros than I am yet! It seems this is really quite a problem though, considering all the people I see around the 'net with it. Does anyone have the right connections to bring this thread to RIM for some research?

Quote Originally Posted by mindabsence View Post
    I had a good deal come up from the local classified site for an 8310 locked to rogers. The phone was only a couple of weeks old and the price was right, so I went for it. I figured if the unlocking/refurbishing of my old pearl was affecting the media card problems, then maybe this would solve it. Of course that wasn't my main reason for changing though, the curves and their features have always appealed to me more than the pearls.

I stuck my microSD card in it all excited to copy some music over.. and nothing. This phone has the EXACT same issue. It won't show up in roxio media manager and it won't show up as a removable drive letter. The phone recognizes the card fine but it's a pain in the rear to have to pull it apart everytime I want to update some music or pictures on the card!
    I'll keep going away at ideas seeing if I can conjur up a solution, but you guys are still longer running blackberry pros than I am yet! It seems this is really quite a problem though, considering all the people I see around the 'net with it. Does anyone have the right connections to bring this thread to RIM for some research?
    i never heard of that before that is so mest up you should exchange your bb for a new one

Quote Originally Posted by dj_polak15 View Post
    i never heard of that before that is so mest up you should exchange your bb for a new one
    Can't exchange something I bought in the classifides

oh that sucks sorry

dyckie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mindabsence View Post

Did you try the "retrograding" technique - i.e. running an older version of Desktop Manager? This worked for my Pearl and apparently for Ed Scott as well...

Quote Originally Posted by dyckie View Post
    Did you try the "retrograding" technique - i.e. running an older version of Desktop Manager? This worked for my Pearl and apparently for Ed Scott as well...
    Just did that. 4.2.1 recognizes the card just fine. This is definitely more convenient than a card pull everytime! However, I'm still not happy at the fact there seem to be hundreds of people who can't use it as a mass storage device and RIM doesn't seem to realize anything is wrong here. I'll be fully satisfied with this thing once I can figure out this problem.. although I don't think I ever will because no one else has yet sadly.

But for anyone with the problem, at least 4.2.1 will let you access it through the media manager

MarkRM no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm still trying to solve this EXACT same problem and feel your pain. I agree; I can't believe this hasn't been addressed yet. I've been updating to the newest 4.5 betas I can find, every time hoping (in vain) that it'll be fixed.

Just so I understand ... are you having success with 4.2 SP1 of the Desktop Manager? I tried SP2 awhile ago but had no results.

Is your machine still only recognizing your media card through the Desktop Manager (through the Media Manager), or are you having some luck mounting it as a mass storage drive without the Desktop Manager open? If it's the former, I think I still might have to leave it. I find the Media Manager to be a nightmare, and had a horrible time uninstalling it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRM View Post
    I'm still trying to solve this EXACT same problem and feel your pain. I agree; I can't believe this hasn't been addressed yet. I've been updating to the newest 4.5 betas I can find, every time hoping (in vain) that it'll be fixed.

Just so I understand ... are you having success with 4.2 SP1 of the Desktop Manager? I tried SP2 awhile ago but had no results.

Is your machine still only recognizing your media card through the Desktop Manager (through the Media Manager), or are you having some luck mounting it as a mass storage drive without the Desktop Manager open? If it's the former, I think I still might have to leave it. I find the Media Manager to be a nightmare, and had a horrible time uninstalling it.
    4.2 SP1 is what i'm running. The only way I can access the card is through the media manager in this version. No mass storage what so ever - on any computer.
    The good thing is that the media manager in the older 4.2 version isn't half as crappy as Roxio's one is. I can actually use the one in 4.2 SP1 because it has a really simple split-screen interface and is fast! haha

but yeah. This has been my second blackberry with this issue, so it's obvious that this is a problem that RIM needs to be foccusing on.

Maybe I'll give SP1 with its Media Manager a try then! Thanks for the info. Whereabouts did you download the package from? On the RIM site SP1's available for download but it doesn't mention anything about a Media Manager.

Cheers for the info.

Never mind, I worked it out! I'm also having success with 4.2.1's Media Manager. So much better than the Roxio one too! Thanks a lot for this. Finally there's a workaround.

phoenixvn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello all,

Thank you very much about this thread. Finally, I've come over this problem on my TMO 8320 by using the BDM 4.2.1 as suggesting here.

Cheers,

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast