I got a Pearl for Christmas and instantly fell in love with it. As I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Maps Data Usage

Advertisement

I got a Pearl for Christmas and instantly fell in love with it. As I started playing with all of the applications, I ran across the Maps app and began to enter some addresses, generate some directions, and zoom in to a variety of locations for about 10-15 minutes. However, it wasn't until after all of this that it dawned on me that this was incurring data charges -- and I don't have a data plan.

I think my bill should be coming in the next couple of weeks, but can anyone tell me approximately how much KB's (or MB's…) I consumed? Given how expensive Rogers is… I am rather scared for my bill...

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Maps Data Usage

Rogers must have you on some type of data plan because you can't use Blackberry Maps without a data plan. I am not familiar with Rogers, but can you go on line to check your data usage by signing in to your Rogers account (you can do this on TMO)?

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Unfortunately, I cannot check my data usage online or by calling Rogers. And I am not on a data plan, but can be billed for data. There are a few data plans available, all a rip off: $100 for 200MB, $60 for 25MB, $40 for 1MB, and $25 for 0.5MB. If you're not on a data plan, I believe it is 10-15 cents per 100kb / 150kb.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Gotcha. So it's like an ala carte service. Wow, they must really P#$@ people off when their bills come.