Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What maps do you use on blackberry pearl 8110, which are the best?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

undead19 no está en línea Stack level 1

maps

Advertisement

What maps do you use on blackberry pearl 8110, which are the best?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Google maps is my choice for non-GPS users. It's free, triangulates your position within a range using cell towers and I like the maps display better than BB maps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Jblackfish,I used to agree with you until I had to reload google maps on my 8100 after upgrading my OS to 4.2.1.96. Unfortunately now it cannot find my current location. Is there an older version of it? I installed 2.3.2. Any suggestions??

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i agree with jblackfish...but i'd also add that i'd use it even if i had gps...google maps is the best...love that street view too

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i have v2.3.2 and have no problems with it...hit zero to be taken to your location...if it's a bug i recommend deleting the app through your Options-->Advanced Options-->Applications...highlight google maps and hit menu key then select delete...confirm delete then reboot...after reboot go to google and install via OTA...restart when prompted...once rebooted run google maps and enjoy...hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    i agree with jblackfish...but i'd also add that i'd use it even if i had gps...google maps is the best...love that street view too
    I would too, Magellan, except for the fact that Google maps doesn't seem to be able to activate the GPS (Telenav in my case) without 1st activating BB Maps and letting it do that and get the location - then I can use Google Maps. It's s weird problem but Google just doesn't activate the GPS without help.

For the record I MUCH prefer Google as I implied above.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    Jblackfish,I used to agree with you until I had to reload google maps on my 8100 after upgrading my OS to 4.2.1.96. Unfortunately now it cannot find my current location. Is there an older version of it? I installed 2.3.2. Any suggestions??
    Don't know about that problem. I'm running 2.3.2 and have no problem with the triangulation. My only problem with GM is described in my previous post and that has to do with using it in conjunction with GPS.

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    agreed jblackfish...i'm sure they'll work on it especially now that they have a cell phone on the market and many of their users will want to use it exactly the same way as you described in your previous posts...hopefully this is done sooner than later and we can all benefit

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Magellan,thanks for the info. I tried that twice but it didn't help. I think why it works on jblackfish's and it doesn't work on mine is that mine is a 8100. as to that version.the google site says it works on 8110 pearls and 8120 but doesn't list 8100. If anyone has a link to an older version that would be great because that one worked.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is a little (actually a lot) off topic but I read in a technical column recently that those folks who use a Garmin or Tomtom GSP can update using Google Maps and (for free) instead of paying the $70-$100 for the map update. I haven't tried it yet and I probably ought to soon - I wonder how long that will last.

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    unfortunately that's not true bellalisa99...my wife has had the original white 8100 from T-mobile a week into it's release and i had the black version and we've both used google maps since and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever...we are both currently running v2.3.2 and can use all the functions available without any problems...sounds like something else may be affecting your device or the program...what other apps are you currently running or have installed? what OS are you using? these can help us try to help you

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    that's awesome jblackfish...now i think i'll go geta-geta-geta-Garmin (a little holiday spirit)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well that's not good (or is it? LOL) to hear about my phone and google maps since it must be my phone and not the app. Let's see I have at&t OS 4.2.1.96 and my other apps are vlingo, viigo (NOT running in the background)shopmagic, backgammon and that's about it except a few other games that my old OS had and that previously did not cause a problem. Maybe it is my home location so I can try tomorrow but it never was a problem before.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi guys,
    Just an update to the Google maps location finder problem. Apparently it wasn't getting a good signal from my house, the location finder does work! YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just an update to the Google maps location finder problem. Apparently it wasn't getting a good signal from my house, the location finder does work! YAY!
    That would do it! Glad you found your (signal) problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast