i have tried to work out the maps , but through lack of ability i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dartmouthman no está en línea Stack level 1

maps

Advertisement

i have tried to work out the maps , but through lack of ability i cant do it could someone please explain the process to me and can the phone be used almost like a tom tom?

bigmace3000 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22AE5DFF

Re: maps

I think you need to get GPS added to your phone in order to use it like tom tom.The map function is very similar to other map applications,put in the start point and the destination and it should be pretty straight foward.If thats of no help to you then maybe try a search on here and they might have a better explanation.

Peace
    The crime is undetectable by the feds cause in the minds of our kids is where the track is...and music is potent and straight to the soul...so its much more addictive than crack is!!!

cbrewitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250444A4

purchase a holux GPSSlim wireless bluetooth receiver approx £70 UK maps can then be used as Sat Nav. I am with Vodafone UK and had to receive a compatable browser which was sent OTA. Need to have a data plan in place also. Hope this helps.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

or the BB 8100 GPS Receiver (available on May 1!) for $129.99....

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...NB65MBWK2WB3BF

eXhail no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ea82df

Quote Originally Posted by cbrewitt
    purchase a holux GPSSlim wireless bluetooth receiver approx £70 UK maps can then be used as Sat Nav. I am with Vodafone UK and had to receive a compatable browser which was sent OTA. Need to have a data plan in place also. Hope this helps.
    Exactly...you need a data plan and bluetooth GPS receiver. You should be able to pick up a Holux for about $70 on ebay. It'll be able to work with blackberry maps after that.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    or the BB 8100 GPS Receiver (available on May 1!) for $129.99....

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...NB65MBWK2WB3BF
    Or get the same unit direct from Telenav for $99.99. Cingular lists it also for $99.99, but back when I tried them, they didn't actually have it available and Telenav did.