After posting in a couple of threads my reservations about getting the flip due to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3

Mapquest Works!

Advertisement

After posting in a couple of threads my reservations about getting the flip due to its incompatibility with Mapquest Navigator (an app I rely on nightly at work), I went ahead and got it anyway.

After reading someone had successfully used Telenav on their flip, I installed the Mapquest version for the pearl 8100 and it appears to work just fine. It got me to the 7-11 and back anyway. Nothing appears on the outer screen, but the voice prompts still work when closed.

Mapquest (and Telenav) should let their paid subscribers know this. Mapquest only states on their site that compatibility is coming for the 8120, yet they have told me via email that the flip and bold versions will be coming soon.

If you have a gps puck and want to check it out, on your phone go to:
    http://mapquestdtc.telmap.com/ota

I won't recognize your phone model, so download links appear for all models supported, including 8100, 8110, and 8130. I wish I knew the subtle differences between these MQ versions.

EDIT- I see 8110 and 8130 have built in gps, so I guess I picked the right version (8100) for the flip.
    Last edited by galavanter; 11-20-2008 at 02:42 AM.

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good to know! I might check it out, considering we don't know when the actual flip supported version will come out

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I was able to download the program, and it recognized my device number, but it's asking for a activation code. Not really sure where I'm supposed to get one of those.

Looks like they changed things since I signed up. Mapquest Navigator is not free, but I'm pretty sure they used to give a (30 day?) free trial without requiring CC info. Now it looks like you have to give CC info and only get 7 days free trial. I am also grandfathered into a $5.00 per month fee, but the $49.99 per year would be cheaper in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Not really sure where I'm supposed to get one of those.
    https://mapquestdtc.telmap.com/
    Last edited by galavanter; 11-20-2008 at 02:55 PM.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Weak sauce!

Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Weak sauce!
    Nevermind I found it in the urban dictionary.

"A word commonly used by stoners in place of "lame" or "stupid."
    Last edited by galavanter; 11-20-2008 at 03:05 PM.