Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody on right now using mapquest navigator with the 8100?? I'm having trouble with it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ASTMedic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E995D1

mapquest navigator????

Advertisement

Anybody on right now using mapquest navigator with the 8100?? I'm having trouble with it seeing the GPS Sats

da0ne83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246a1628

Re: mapquest navigator????

do you have a bluetooth receiver its the only way it gonna work

bpomeroy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24450BFA

Hey ASTMedic
    Try this. Make sure that you have all other bluetooth devices turned off and then disable the bluetooth on you blackberry. Turn on you GPS unit and make sure that it has made a conection to the satelite system (mine has a light that flashes when it has connected). Now enable the bluetooth on your blackberry. Then turn your blackberry OFF and then back on again. Click the mapquest icon and wait till the blue LED on your blackberry indicates that you have a connection between your blackberry and the gps unit. Go to find / my location in the program and a map should come up showing your position.
    Let me know if this works for you. I have the same issue with the software and that seems to get it going for me.

PIN/ID
    23E995D1

I am having no problems with connecting just with Mapquest and not BB Maps. I can get a location with BB Maps then switch over to Mapquest and nothing. I even let it run for 30 min and nothing.

I'm liking what I see with this program, if I can get it working. It's much better than any of the others. IMO

bpomeroy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24450BFA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wish I could help more, but I believe that I am at the end of my usefullness (or uselessness) on this issue.

PIN/ID
    23E995D1

well what ever I did worked. Too bad I dont know what I did

I like the program

benison_123 no está en línea Stack level 2

ASTmedic do you have any idea what you did because i am now having the same problems and for the life of me can't figure out how to get it to connect...i have tried changing all the setting on my pearl and nothing...any help would be appreciated thanks..

ultraspaz no está en línea Stack level 2

same problem. Love mapquest when it works but takes me hit and misses to get blue tooth to pair. Seems to work if I load BB maps, pair it with GPS then exit BB and imediatly load Mapquest. A pain but love mapquest enough to do whatever to make it work.

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by ASTMedic
    well what ever I did worked. Too bad I dont know what I did

I like the program
    The way it works for me with a GPSlim236 (Holux) is to start the Holux, wait maybe a minute, then bring up Mapquest Navigator. Then the blue Bluetooth light blinks and off we go. The manual for the Holux 236 says it may take 42 seconds to get a fix from a cold start. I believe that if you start Mapquest before the GPS gets a fix, Mapquest doesn't recognize it.

But once it works, it's dynamite!

BTW, see my post "An (almost) complete guide to GPS software on Blackberry". It gives a lot of detail on how Mapquest compares to Nav4all.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Is there a fee for using Mapquest Navigator? I just got the Gsat puck but I am really rebelling against paying AT&T even MORE money for Telenav!! I downloaded Navigator by getting the OTA link from a thread on this site but it was really meant for Sprint... so now my concern is getting hit with a ton of unexpected fees for using it. Anyone know? Tks.

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

i hope there is not a fee for using it. i too have a GPS holux 236 slim, its actually en route to me right now so i cant wait for it to get here. i hope i can bypass any problems. does mapquest navigator give voice directions? when i got my data plan it created an icon for TeleNav maps on my phone. is that a fee service?

ultraspaz no está en línea Stack level 2

Iv'e used my mapquest navigator for a couple of weeks now. I just looked at my t-mobile bill and didn't see any additional charges. If your didn't have a data plan you would be in trouble though. Navigator is constantly downloading updates for the maps. I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it's use like telenav but it would be worth a download fee. It's already saved my butt on business trips in unfamiliar cities. Until I got mapquest I was looking at a Tom Tom or Garmin portable. Not any more.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

jmarley, there is no fee for telenav maps - only if you get the so called "premium" service which enables use with a GPS receiver and gives voice directions. Mapquest navigator does give voice directions and, although I've only played with it for one day since I got the receiver, it seems pretty impressive thus far. I downloaded Nav4All and didn't even make it all the way through the set-up! It kept wanting me to do things like choose 'yes' or 'no' but I could not figure out which key worked for the right and left choices - apparently this program is NOT designed for the Pearl and I kept winding up either closing the program completely or selecting the wrong option! I finally gave up in disgust and deleted it. So I'm really hoping the MQ Navigator is free! Otherwise, I'll bite the bullet and go with telenav (I still have it on my pearl just for the maps).
    As for fees, guess I'll just keep an eye on my bill. If anyone starts getting charges, PLEASE give the rest of us a head-up!

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks gritsinct! well i should get my receiver in by monday and ill experiment and let you guys know. surely mapquest navigator would let you know beforehand about any charges? i would hope so.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

They can only let me know if they know I've got it... It wasn't something that you registered for or anything. Let me know how you make out.

Has anyone used both Telenav and MQ Navigator? How did they compare? IS Telenav worth the monthly fee? Am I correct in feeling that Navigator does the job just as well? I did a search for this and came up with a lot of threads, spent about 2 hours reading and didn't really find the answer to this particular question - just some comparisons between free apps and a headache. So my apologies if this has already been discussed - just point me in the right direction!
    Last edited by gritsinct; 07-14-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast