So, I just bought my pearl yesterday, mostly for the internet/map apps. However, when I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

THOR4LIFE no está en línea Stack level 1

Map issue

Advertisement

So, I just bought my pearl yesterday, mostly for the internet/map apps. However, when I try and start up the maps app, all it gives me is a green screen with diagonal lines with what looks like blue bulleyes in the top left corner of the quadrents. According to the troubleshoot section, it says it does this when it is trying to load a new map. Well, its been 24 hours and I'm wondering why it hasnt loaded yet. What can I do?

Also, as a side note, I downloaded Google maps to try and offset this, but thats not working either. It loads for a second, then stops. A number 4 appears in the loading bar. Also, sometimes it comes up with the error "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException". I already asked this question on a Google help site, but I thought I might as well throw it out there here too.

Thanks in advaced,
    Kevin

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Map issue

do you have a 'blackberry' data plan? who is your provider?

THOR4LIFE no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm with T-moble right now. I just have their "T-zones" because I was told that's all I needed for basic internet and maps...

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

You were told wrong. BBmaps and Googlemaps both require data. I loooove Tmo, but tzones is just past worthless (in my not so humble opinion)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Sorry Thor, you will need the Blackberry Data Plan Add-on which is 19.99 a month.

You can do this through your account online or by calling CS.

Let us know if you need any more assistance.