Is there any desktop software package that will let me edit the contact list from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Managing Address Book from desktop?

Advertisement

Is there any desktop software package that will let me edit the contact list from my Pc and upload my info to my pearl when I am done?

SICKBOY no está en línea Stack level 2
    That would be awesome interested as well

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can't get you a desktop package, but I use Mobical, a free online SyncML service -- they have a great webUI for managing your contact/calendar/etc. You can then use SyncML on almost any handset to keep your device in sync. I've been using them for years through several handsets to make sure I'm never at a loss for my data. (they support vcard/ical/etc. import and export too)

The Pearl, however, lacks a native SyncML plugin (unlike Moto, Samsung, Nokia and others) -- there are only two good options, SyncBerry and Nexthaus (both $30 USD). I'm running Nexthaus in trial mode right now and it works well with Mobical.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Is there any desktop software package that will let me edit the contact list from my Pc and upload my info to my pearl when I am done?
    There are several PIM Packages that are compatible with the Blackberry and will allow you to edit the contacts on your PC, then use Desktop Manager to sync to the BB. These include MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Lotus Notes, ACT and a few others. You can also sync with an Character Separated AscII Text file, which can be edited using excell.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I figured out how to just use my MS Outlook Express to build my address book and import it to my device (Doh!!)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Managing Address Book from desktop?

Once you get it imported the first time, make sure your setting for the method of transfer is sync. That way changes on both your PC and your BB will occur and you won't lose any modifications.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

how exactly do i import into outlook to edit and vice versa once i have added and or edited entries..not familiar with outlook

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

Quote Originally Posted by SICKBOY
    how exactly do i import into outlook to edit and vice versa once i have added and or edited entries..not familiar with outlook
    Apply your settings first on your Desktop Manager. Make sure, as mentioned above, to place it under Sync. This way they both contain the same information. When you make a change on either device, they both will be updated.

It is quite simple, give it a shot

Okay my question is how do i go about importin from the BB to the address book in outlook

PIN/ID
    23e224ba

Quote Originally Posted by SICKBOY
    Okay my question is how do i go about importin from the BB to the address book in outlook
    Once you Sync the BB to Outlook...... Outlook will be updated with the contacts you have on your phone. After you Sync, go to your contacts on Outlook and you should see your info.

tsolly no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook is definitely my favorite way to do this - pretty simple once you find your way around and then you never have to worry about losing all of your info. Watch your settings for conflict resolution between the PC and the BB so you don't lose anything. Also, very handy to set it to sync with your calendar and manage that from your PC as well.

PIN/ID
    23e224ba

Quote Originally Posted by tsolly
    Outlook is definitely my favorite way to do this - pretty simple once you find your way around and then you never have to worry about losing all of your info. Watch your settings for conflict resolution between the PC and the BB so you don't lose anything. Also, very handy to set it to sync with your calendar and manage that from your PC as well.
    +1
    I have learned to make life easier for me using the Sync features.

sweet thanks