This is my very first Blackberry smartphone...I was using a Moto Q before it got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Marksman no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Man.....that thing is ADDICTIVE

Advertisement

This is my very first Blackberry smartphone...I was using a Moto Q before it got stolen....I should shake the hand of the robber!!! He made me indulge myself with a brand new BB Pearl 8130....I'm very new to this and even there, I'm hooked to the bone.... Blackberry is WAY BETTER that any other smartphone I previously owned...(and I owned a couple of these trust me) but never a blackberry....

Those things get signals in many other places that my other "smartphone" would only dream about getting them here....

Overall, if this one dies someday, there's going to be another one following it the very same day!!!

It's now my favorite working tool for scheduling my things and meetings and my pride and joy for any other activities...

Two thumbs up for the Pearl !!!

What is your experiences with yours guys (gals) ?

- Marksman

aleano75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    i love love love my berry...it is never out of arms reach and i've had 2 rl panic attacks due crashes...guess you say im an addict!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Welcome to Blackberry and to Pinstack.......both are powerful addictions!!!

I love my 8130!!!! Packed with features and function, but not big and bulky!

Here's my first recommendation for you as far as 3rd party software. It's called Soft Reset....it basically reboots your phone when you need to without you having to pull the battery out......and it's free! http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/ if you click on the OTA(over the air) link, it will download straight to your BB.

One common flaw with Blackberries is they are not always good at recovering memory that was in use by programs. Even if you close programs you are not using, it still keeps that memory tied up. Using Soft Reset to reboot helps free that memory up. If you don't keep and eye on your available "File Free" and it gets too low, your BB will start deleting your call logs and messages without warning! For more on that see this: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html (but where it says to do a battery pull, just use soft reset, it's easier and just as effective)

Not trying to scare you or overload you with info, but this will save you headaches in the future!!

If you have any questions, check here on Pinstack (it's an amazing source if info) and if you can't find the answer, just ask....someone will help you out!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Welcome to Blackberry and to Pinstack.......both are powerful addictions!!!

I love my 8130!!!! Packed with features and function, but not big and bulky!

Here's my first recommendation for you as far as 3rd party software. It's called Soft Reset....it basically reboots your phone when you need to without you having to pull the battery out......and it's free! http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/ if you click on the OTA(over the air) link, it will download straight to your BB.

One common flaw with Blackberries is they are not always good at recovering memory that was in use by programs. Even if you close programs you are not using, it still keeps that memory tied up. Using Soft Reset to reboot helps free that memory up. If you don't keep and eye on your available "File Free" and it gets too low, your BB will start deleting your call logs and messages without warning! For more on that see this: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html (but where it says to do a battery pull, just use soft reset, it's easier and just as effective)

Not trying to scare you or overload you with info, but this will save you headaches in the future!!

If you have any questions, check here on Pinstack (it's an amazing source if info) and if you can't find the answer, just ask....someone will help you out!
    Thanks! This should be useful.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im on my fifth BB. I can honestly say I'm never going to go to another brand of phone. Why would I?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
    \

Two thumbs up for the Pearl !!!

- Marksman
    keep your thumbs on your berry! :P

welcome to the stacks and your new addiction

regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Welcome to the stack. Um glad you enjoy your new found toy. Let us know if you have any specific questions for you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Fran14 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's nice to hear from someone who actually had the moto Q because thats the one I almost bought yesterday... it's so bulky don't you think? I just got my curve but it really fits my needs and my lifestyle very well, not to mention BlackBerrys in general are way better looking devices. Congrats on your Pearl!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Welcome to the stacks bb is the only one for me

well, how do I change the SMS notification tone?

gies no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
    well, how do I change the SMS notification tone?
    go into >Profiles> scroll down to Advanced>select the Profile you want to change> then you'll see SMS listed. You can change all the options there.

Hope this helps.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "BlackBerry - Two thumbs up.... If I could move 'em."

yes it did actually! thanks a lot, I'll add this to your trust level!

Greetings!

Marksman

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Welcome to the stacks! I know go you feel about the Q! The pearl is way more user friendly. My wife has one and as soon as she can upgrade she will be joining the blackberry family as well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I love my 8100. I've also been using the BB for about 4 years now. Have had 5 different models so far (soon to be 6 with the 8120).

I've had Motorola (not the Q), Samsung, SideKick, and HP iPaq PPc phones before. This outdoes them all, even my other BB's. Hopefully the 8120 outdoes this current Pearl.