I'm having problems with my battery keeping charged for more than an hour or two...I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GQLewis88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240F64DD

MAJOR Battery Drainage!! Please Help...

Advertisement

I'm having problems with my battery keeping charged for more than an hour or two...I charge it overnight and go out the next day and the battery starts to go down almost instantly. I noticed that since this has started happening, the data arrows in the corner have not gone away. I have already tried closing all open apps and a battery pull. Any other suggestions??

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    how old is the battery? the are covered under warrany for 1 year.I called t-mo right before my year was up and told them i was having battery issues and they sent out a new one at no charge. I just wanted to have an extra.

PIN/ID
    240F64DD
    I haven't had my phone for more than like 3 or 4 months actually, but I think I will call them about a new battery. However, if whatever is going on with the data arrows is causing this problem, won't I still have that problem with a new battery??

arose4me7305 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24767c55
    I have an 8120 and having the SAME issue! I charged it all night last night and by noon today it was totally dead. I've tried swapping batterires, even using a different charger. Same thing. I called last night and they're sending me a new BB. If it's under warrantly, call and use your warranty exchage. It's way too frustrating to have a phone like this and it go dead every couple of hours. Good luck! Sorry you're dealing with this.
    .Laci.
    t-mobile .8120.
    Diamonds are for girls.
    Pearls are for women.

PIN/ID
    240F64DD
    Thanks a lot guys. I guess I'll just have to get it replaced under warrenty..and get a shiny new phone =D

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If you are seeing the data arrows running constantly I would start looking at removing programs one by one to see which one is constantly communicating with the server and draining the battery.

Zo

arose4me7305 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24767c55
    ^ Good point!

I don't have any programs added to my BB, besides what came with the phone (and I added google maps or whatever), and it still drains my phone! So if you do have tons of programs, you may want to try that. If you have mostly the basic stuff on your phone and it's still draining your battery, then get it replaced.

The way I see it, is if you drop the $$$ on a Blackberry and it doesn't work how it's *supposed* to, take advantage of the warranty, lol! What's there to lose?! Good luck!
    .Laci.
    t-mobile .8120.
    Diamonds are for girls.
    Pearls are for women.

PIN/ID
    240F64DD
    Thanks again guys, I just tried that to no avail so I guess I just have to get a new one anyway.

UPDATE: I actually was able to fix the problem. I reinstalled the os and everything seems to be running normally so far. Thanks again and I hope this helps anyone else that has this problem.
    Last edited by GQLewis88; 10-23-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Update

dlc1265 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F52AA7
    Hello. I had the same problem with my 8800. It was after I installed a 4.5 update. Since I am on ATT i installed another vendors update. ATT TS couldn't help, so they transferred me to RIM Tech Support. He said I had a 'send all receive none' error. He wasn't suppose to help me because he could tell I was using a "cooked" OS. He did help me out none the less. Havn't had a problem since.

drmoze no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can you tell us how RIm helped fix your problem? Reinstall or revert the OS? Or.........?????

dlc1265 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F52AA7
    I don't really know what they did. I still have OS 4.5. They did something on their end. He told me that he really shouldn't be doing it, but whatever he did has worked for weeks. Sorry i don't have more info.