Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The actual problem is folders. If you transf folders from your pc to the media ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

The actual problem is folders. If you transf folders from your pc to the media card, it will cause reboots. If you create new folders with the bb and then transf your files into the new folders, you should be good to go. For some reason, when you access the folder, it automatically reboots. This took care of my problems at least. Hope it works for you!

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    It's the memory card. It's a 8120 flaw that won't be fixed until the OS upgrade. If you have a 2gb card or above it generally has this problem. While the phone is designed to support 8gb cards, the 4.3 OS was released too quickly. Sorry it's not the phone, I know cuz I exchanged mine 5 times before support told me to try it without a media card in it.

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6

Post Folders eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    The actual problem is folders. If you transf folders from your pc to the media card, it will cause reboots. If you create new folders with the bb and then transf your files into the new folders, you should be good to go. For some reason, when you access the folder, it automatically reboots. This took care of my problems at least. Hope it works for you!
    It's worth a try as I notice after I format my card it has no problems. Try this folder trick and let us know if it works!

UPDATE: I tried this trick myself and it seems to work, however, I don't think it's folders in general, I think it's COMPRESSED folders. If the text for the folders that you are copying over from your computer is Blue, then if you copy it over, you will get that reboot issue. A fix for that is to right click the folder(s), goto advanced in the first tab, and then uncheck compress and make it apply to subfolders and files as well. It might take awhile to uncompress everything, but this looks like what's causing the bug. I've been playing music from my memory card for about 15 minutes, where as if the problem existed it wouldn't let me for over 45 seconds. Let me know if this works for you, feel free to PIN message me as well.
    Last edited by Firedragon64; 06-13-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Updated

Choirboyl no está en línea Stack level 2
    I posted this on here a couple of weeks ago. There have been some issue with transfering memory cards from the 8100 to 8120. The 8120 keep rebooting. RIM knows about it and are working on a patch. If you don't mind losing all of the stuff on you memory card you can refromat it in your phone and it should take care of the problem. Or you can save you data to you computer and reformat the card ... those should work.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    i was having the same problem!! i did a backup of the files on my media card to the computer and i formatted the card using the phone, confident everythin was fine i drag/copy everything back.. my phone kept restarting throughout the whole night!! i then realized that indeed is the folders.. the 8120 doesnt like the 8100 folders.. or any other device by that means.. you have to only drag the media and put them on the corresponding folder ... believe me it will work
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I had this same issue when I received my free 8120, as mentioned above.. reformating the card works. I'm also running 4.5.0.42 OS and its' flawless. No more issues.

Akash1NY no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey all...

I'm running into same issue. I took a look at my File Total under Status... 54MB???

On my 8100, it was 64MB.

Anyone else notice, or know how to resolve?

Thanks.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Sorry man that sucks! My 8120 and I are doing great 2gether!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12