Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I finally made the plunge and bought a 8120 at full price yesterday. However, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

major 8120 issue

Advertisement

Ok, I finally made the plunge and bought a 8120 at full price yesterday.

However, it does not work! About every 3 to 5 min it just shuts itself down and then reboots.

It doesn't matter what is going on. It does it when I'm checking emails, on the phone, on the net, or just sitting on my desk doing nothing.

Anyone else having this issue? Any fixes?

Thanks in advance!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Since you got it yesterday, I would say exchange it for a new one since you are within the 14 days of purchase.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do you have a media card in it? If so, try formatting the card with the 8120. Backup any media on the card first!

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B
    try the reformatting method. It worked with my phone.

I exchanged 5 8120's before i relized it was that problem.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

PIN/ID
    245DA445
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just take it back. I tried to help someone last night whose BB was doing the same thing with the memory card. Not sure if it's a memory card issue or the BB but the best thing is to just take it back.

PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Just take it back. I tried to help someone last night whose BB was doing the same thing with the memory card. Not sure if it's a memory card issue or the BB but the best thing is to just take it back.
    That's what I was thinking. I'll probably run it by tonight but at least I have another option if the 2nd one does it.

Thanks!

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Why take it back without trying the memory card fix first? It takes less than 5 minutes!! That's gotta be faster than the drive to the store. Just wondering....

The other option is to take the card OUT of the BB and see what happens. If you don't have the rebooting issue, then you know it's the card that's causing it and you can proceed to reformatting the card, confident in the fact that it's not a problem with the BB.

PIN/ID
    245DA445
    UPDATE: I decided to take both my 8100 and 8120 to work today so that I could try to get it working.

After charging all night, I pick up my 8120 off the desk and it is still rebooting every 3 to 5 min. So I pull the Sim and put it back into my 8100.

Later at work, I take out the memory card of the 8120 and put the Sim back in to test it and are if its just the memory card that's causing the problems.

Problem is, it does not reboot. After 2 hours I give up and move it all back to my 8100.

So, to make a long story short, I returned it today and I seem to be up and running now with no issues!

Thanks again for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by joeperrin212 View Post
    Later at work, I take out the memory card of the 8120 and put the Sim back in to test it and are if its just the memory card that's causing the problems.

Problem is, it does not reboot. After 2 hours I give up and move it all back to my 8100.

So, to make a long story short, I returned it today and I seem to be up and running now with no issues!
    I'm confused. You took the mem card out and said "problem is, it does not reboot" Then you said you gave up? Gave up what, didn't it stop rebooting. And if it stopped rebooting, why did you take it back. Sorry if I am completely missing something here or misunderstanding you. Again, I'm confused.

But, glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing issues.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Glad to hear you got a 8120 that's working!! How are you liking it compared to your 8100?

Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    I'm confused. You took the mem card out and said "problem is, it does not reboot" Then you said you gave up? Gave up what, didn't it stop rebooting. And if it stopped rebooting, why did you take it back. Sorry if I am completely missing something here or misunderstanding you. Again, I'm confused.

But, glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing issues.

The BB did not reboot (turn on again) after he took out the memory card. Then he got tired of fighting with the 8120 for 2 hours and went back to the 8100 (moving everything back in the process).

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    The BB did not reboot (turn on again) after he took out the memory card. Then he got tired of fighting with the 8120 for 2 hours and went back to the 8100 (moving everything back in the process).
    Genius! (unlike me) I see what's going on now. thanks

MIKECHOPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem, it turned out that the rebooting was caused by the photos on the card. I just transferred music only, and the problem stopped. For some reason, the photos on the card originally were causing the reboot. But, photos takin by my 8120 cause no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by joeperrin212 View Post
    UPDATE: I decided to take both my 8100 and 8120 to work today so that I could try to get it working.

After charging all night, I pick up my 8120 off the desk and it is still rebooting every 3 to 5 min. So I pull the Sim and put it back into my 8100.

Thanks again for your advice.
    Looks like you're not the only one who is having fits. My 8120 took a dump this morning after using my Memo Pad (lost the phone number I JUST saved to it minutes before). I have already emailed T-Mo to get a replacement phone. I bought a cheap prepaid phone to get me thru this crisis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast