Does ATT only allow for the main display with the cheap graphics all over v ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Creed1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Main background

Advertisement

Does ATT only allow for the main display with the cheap graphics all over v that of TMobile's that are off to the side with a background pic? This may be a stupid question, or something that is easily changed... but I would reconsider getting it from ATT if this is the case cuz that is hideous. I tried to post a link to what I'm talking about but I don't have that access yet...

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Main background

that's the theme, it is easily changed by using a different theme however I don't think at&t has a zen theme (that's the type of theme you are talking about) But there are many different themes that in my opinion look much nicer than that of the carriers, you can get themes in a number of places here in the forums and if you want can make your own, let me know if you need any more help. and if this is not what you are trying to get at PM me that link and I'l see if I can help you furthur

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I see, thanks much... I actually haven't bought one yet however. I had this phone targeted as one that I really wanted to get, and ATT as the service provider I really wanted to switch to. I've previously used Sprint phones from Samsung and Sanyo that were media heavy candy bar flip phones, and I wanted to make the jump to a Blackberry but not give up some of the media features I liked. I saw the Pearl as a perfect jump with it's variety of features and size. I also am sick of Sprint's weak customer service... All of this is very off the orig thread topic, but I plan to get a Pearl in early Aug and I'm just trying to do my research on it and such.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

creed - there are a ton of themes available for the pearl

check here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...xx_themes.html

also - when you do get it, we can help you unlock all of the hidden vendor themes

AND...blackberry offers a few themes for download from their mobile site mobile.blackberry.com (you have to visit that site WITH your bb once you get it)

Thanks...
    I was reading through the buying and selling guide cuz I'm trying to figure out the best way to buy this. I can go get it from ATT for $150-$200, but online vendors have it for much less... I don't wanna risk that with eBay, but if it's "free" or up to $75, why would I pay upwards of $200?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

have you tried amazon?

also check out the deals section here...(not bbay - but the deals)

hayden will post threads when he sees bb's really super cheap

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    have you tried amazon?

Yea Amazon has it for 50, some other site had it for 75, and one was free... but I feel like there has to be a catch that I'm missing somewhere in the fine details.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    have you tried amazon?

cherrichiodo is right amazon the way to go right now, the pearl thru t-mobile is $50 with a $50 mail in rebate bringing down to nothin and you can get one thru at&t for $50 but they don't have the rebate anymore i don't think.

here's the links

At&t Deal
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-810...4565179&sr=8-4

T-mobile deal
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-810...4565179&sr=8-1
    Last edited by RemyKirin; 07-16-2007 at 03:34 AM.

NewEgg has some stuff too, I can't post links yet otherwise I already would have... but I think I'm limited by the fact that I'm going to be on a family plan.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

What about wirefly.com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Creed1
    Yea Amazon has it for 50, some other site had it for 75, and one was free... but I feel like there has to be a catch that I'm missing somewhere in the fine details.
    one of the main reasons that amazon was doing alot of that was mainly because they wanted to get rid of all their inventory b4 the launch of the iPhone, but I guess they decided to keep going, granted they had more deals on BB including the 8800 and better deals for the pearls, in fact if I remember correctly they were paying you to take them away it was like $50 with a $75 mail in rebate. through both t-mobile and at&t but they aren't doing that ne more.