Hi, I have about 4 email accounts pushing to my Pearl. This morning I noticed ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

Mail did not push on my phone this morning

Advertisement

Hi,

I have about 4 email accounts pushing to my Pearl. This morning I noticed a whole bunch of email at my yahoo account on my desktop, but not on the pearl. It did receive my pop3 email, but not my yahoo.

Anyway, I did a manual reconciliation, but still nothing.

Then I sent an email from another account to my yahoo, and then the floodgates opened and all of a sudden the Pearl started to receive the backlog.

Is something like this common?

Thanks,
    Allan

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Mail did not push on my phone this morning

With Yahoo it could be. Haven't heard of it a lot but some times. It could have just been a network problem or a problem with the BIS Client.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sickmunkeyz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA7E9

i dont know but last night i sent some email to myself and then about an hour later it all got to me. something was messed up last night.

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

Hopefully it was just a fluke. Will be monitoring this.

I had another problem this afternoon but this time with my pop3, and it kind of makes sense of why it happened. Just want to know what others do to work around this. I will explain:

I have a personal Pearl, through BIS, not BES, as said above, one of my accounts is through yahoo, but a few other ones are pop3. My outlook on my desk also collects the mail, but it of course pulls it off, deletes it off the pop3 server. For the last 5 days, the Rogers BIS has been able to get the pop3 messages faster then my desktop outlook was, but today I guess timing
    was against it, and I noticed I had some messages on my Outlook on my Desktop that were not on my blackberry. Which indicates that my Outlook got them first, deleted them, and then of course the Rogers BIS found nothing on my POP3.

I am sure this is not uncommon. How do others get around this?

Thanks,
    Allan

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

I had the same problem with Yahoo mail as well. I was receiving it on my desktop, but not to my phone. Called T-MO Blackberry Support and they said it wasn't a problem with the device itself, but with Yahoo's system. To fix it, He sent my service books, and then I started to receive my mail!!!!!!

dianahufmn no está en línea Stack level 1

That seems to happen to me a lot with Yahoo! Never seems to be a reason for it -- one day the emails come quicker on my phone than they do the computer and other days, they only come in "bunches." I have tried sending a service book and sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't. Also, I've tried turning my phone off and then back on and sometimes that will get them going. I suspect it's a Yahoo problem.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This happened to someone else I know. He asked me to test to see if it was the email addy and once I sent the test message, the emails starting piling in. Must be an issue with yahoo. This was couple of weeks ago. We never figured out what happened.