Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Mine was made in Mexico and it works perfectly. I'm sure that flaw devices can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marsall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20603B2F

Re: Made in Mexico vs. Canada

Advertisement

Mine was made in Mexico and it works perfectly.

I'm sure that flaw devices can be find in phones made in almost any country, even with top quality controls; that is expected. However, fast and easy replacement of a flaw device depends on the quality service strategies of the vendor or provider, there can be significant differences. A friend of mine bought a phone made in Japan which was damaged in some way and the vendor changed it instantly. I guess that it might be the same with a BB device.
    Saludos,

Marcel.

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mine is also made in mexico...my last one was made in Canada but I had to change it 5 times due to major problems I am wondring how long will it last??

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12

Well I Think Anywhere They Are Made Still Being A Bb
    Whit All The Quality And All Thats Stuffs Than Make A Bb Diferent From Another Cellphones
    Good Brands Are Made In Weird Countrys
    Im Not Saying That Mexico Is Weird. Mexico Is A Big Country, Im Latino And Proud O That!

So Mexico Still Making Our Bb's!!!:d
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Been using the same BB since April 2007. No issues. A few OS upgrades along the way, no problems with 3rd party apps, stability, etc.

Echo en Mexico.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481

mine is made in Hungary... Anyone else????

royeiror no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C2087

All in my family have BB's, we have 4 pearls, and i have one made in mexico which is branded with the telco logo, whereas my sister's earls are from hungary and aren't branded. I think all that stuff about being defective or being faster and whatnot, has to do a lot mor with OS or maybe on revisions of the device... maybe even batches, who knws, what i do know is that electronics are made with robots, and human labor is limited to the final assambly at most, phones now a days are way to small to be hand built. Plus i bet the same company provides any certain component to all the plants, so i think "defects" on LEDs and whatnot would appear on eery batch from any country that got the shipment of said LEDs.

I don't really know where i'm getting with this, but i think a poll would be fitting for this thread, instead of so many posts of "LOLZ mine is hecho en mexico" and the likes.

just my two cents

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Quote Originally Posted by gab_ View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Greetings, everyone.
    I am really diasappinted for this discussion. I thought this forum was aimed to PROFESSIONALS and from professionals. It is a shame that you consider that stuff made in Mexico may be low quality. You may not be really in touch with what is happening in the world.
    Just look at what you use and what you wear, most of it is from foreign countries.
    Blame the ones that sell low quality products. Blame the ones that set the standards. Mexican-based plants usually have American management. The real responsible of the quality of the products. Mexican workers are admirable. They do exactly what it they are asked for.
    Now, the trends. By 2020, 85% of the products consumed in the States will come from outside. The American manufacturing is going to disapear. So is the Canadian and the ones from the so-called first world countries. Are you going to flip over every single product you buy and base your decision from where it is from?
    If you think a product is going to fail for any reason, it will fail. You make it fail.
    Have a nice day,
    Gabriel.
    I agree completely with Gabriel.
    On a personal note, I as a Mexican who has worked for an American Company manufacturing in Tijuana, (MATTEL) can tell you this: The Executives when I worked there were: German (1) American (3) Engineers: Indian (like 10) and Mexican (like 4).
    The mexicans were mostly Techinicians or General laborers, logistics, truck drivers, forklift operators, etc.
    Also I have plenty of friends working at other American companies in Tijuana and they are about the same.
    "Made in Mexico" "Made in hungary" "Made in Taiwan" etc. mostly only means they are only "assembled" there, the brand components are brought from other countries mostly from the country where the company is based.
    Lastly I was not even going to reply to this thread because I find it quite unprofessional as gabriel said, but I couldn't stop myself from sharing with you what I just wrote.
    I actually hope this thread ends or takes a different direction.
    -Antonio
    Last edited by cabron; 11-09-2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typos

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Quote Originally Posted by frisco49ers View Post
    mine is made in Hungary... Anyone else????
    Yep, mine is also assembled in Hungary.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

MACV\SOG no está en línea Stack level 2

Box states Made in Hungary...no problems...

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86

What difference should it make where it's made? Blackberry is a quality company and I am sure they oversee every aspect of production. My Pearl is made in Mexico and works great. My wife is too and she is perfect as well.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

negro modelo 8100 hecho en Hungria...Hungary should get more outsourcing contracts from other corporations...great quality they produce...not a single problem

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345