Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well, I did not want a "Mexican Blackberry" after hearing the OP's story. So I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Made in Mexico vs. Canada

Advertisement

Well, I did not want a "Mexican Blackberry" after hearing the OP's story. So I was glad when I saw mine was Hecho en Canada.

But I know if I looked at all my electronics in the house, about 10% are probably made south of the border.

Besides, I'm not sure anything Chinese is made that much better or different than products assembeled or made in Mexico.

And I gotta think about 80% of my stuff is made in China. :cry:
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-09-2006 at 12:51 PM.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey! I shop at wallmart. Most of my house is either made in Mexico or China. With a little Taiwan thrown in for good measure.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Of course one of my concerns is the Mexicans getting a pissed off at all the talk in Washington about building walls and otherwise slapping the Mexicans around.

So "Pedro" and "Jose" go to the assembly plant a little pissed off after watching the morning's news and hearing politicians bad mouth Mexico for the 1000th time this year. So they decide to leave out a screw here and a part there on my future purchases.

Can't blame them. [the Mexicans, not the U.S. politicians].

acv
    acv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054BE76

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Whoa, lots of things are Hecho en Mexico (sp), even a Sony TV I had at one time. But your experience caused me to freak out.

I nervously tore off the cover of my 8100 and took a look. Happy Happy Joy Joy, all I saw was "Made in Canada"

Whew......
    80% of the TV sets worldwide are "hecho en México" I don't sweat it, not even that comment about the wall. who cares?!!! I'm in México and my Pearl is Made in Canada. who knows the logistic they use to supply them

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

My BB is a mexican bb, works perfectly, so far, but now im expecting it to start singing la cucuracha. The clasp on the back was hokey too on mine, but the back door is just loose, slides off, and my Tmo rep told me that it was a known issue.

doophus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E29EB7

My Pearl was made in Old Mexico, it seems just fine. It does seem to like the Jose Quarvo a little to much, but don't we all?

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well does it really matter where it was made? Lol after I read this I actually took the battery off and checked, yeah mines from Mexico. Is there any difference?

Well I'm sorry, but I heard bad shots about products being assembled in Mexico.

Like V-dub owners, cars are assembled in Mexico. If you have a v-dub, and you're in usa. Carfax your vin number and check what shows up.. Problems with it? Yeah I heard a lot of crap. Recalls and all...

But I think its not where it was made, its the QA's responsibility.. Yeah employee plays a factor, but I think quality assurance should be doing their job.

Don't know why in Mexico, cheap labor? Probably, can't blame them if they transfer plants and assembly lines in mxico or china or anywhere that has a cheap labor thus resulting in mass lay off if companies decide to transfer... Its part of keeping the business not to lose so much money..

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

I think sanfran talked about leaving out a screw or two out of spite... But my question is how much of the pearl is made by hand anyway? Are the Mexican robots going to sabotage our pearls *gasps
    Oh and this new pearl is made in mex and my old one with the batt cover problem was canadian lol. yay for outsourcing!-aber~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thukral no está en línea Stack level 1

just got my new 8100.. and its made in Hungary! Being in Canada I was sure I would get one made here..
    No problems so far though.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

mine is made in Japan
    and I dont think It wil ever going to have an Issue at all...lol

rayul22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2059B4F7

My BB is made in Mexico and is working very good

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mines Mexico too and its working good.

poopc4 no está en línea Stack level 2

I think you got my pearl... lol... my battery cover button fell off and they sent me a replacement that was made in Mexico, and the button on this one doesn't work right, but they want to charge me for all the shipping again to get another one. I liked the color of my Canadian phone better than this Mexican one, the trackball was a whiter white and the key back light was a smoother color, oh well...

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

My BB died last week, never thought to look where it was from until this thread. LOL, it was Mexico. The replacement is from Canada, yay!

onelyfe no está en línea Stack level 2

mines made in hungary strange i thought it would be made in canada since thats where im from/bought it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast