Hi Everyone, I just got the pearl and love it but am unable to load ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sunshine2008 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mac users??

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I just got the pearl and love it but am unable to load the software as it is only for windows. Does anyone know anywhere to download the sofrtware for macs? I only want it so that I can add music onto my pearl and I am assuming that's the only way??

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3
    You should be able to just drag the music files onto the Pearl's memory card, without any special software.

flyndog no está en línea Stack level 1
    when I plug my 8120 into my mac, it doesn't show up on the desktop. how do you drag the music files onto the memory card if you can't see the device?
    thanks!
    crackberry, kayaking, frisbee dogs, hiking, following my bliss

Go to Options --> Media Card

Make sure Media Card Support is ON, and Mass Storage Mode Support is ON. You can either select to auto enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected, or hit the menu key and manually enable Mass Storage Mode after you connect the USB cable.

Drag your music files into the Music folder inside the Blackberry folder on your memory card.

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0
    I had the same problem with my wife's 8120. I installed PocketMac on her MacBook and suddenly the Mac saw the Pearl. Then I easily dragged the files from a playlist to the phone.

A new version of PocketMac just came out that supports transfering your iTunes music to a BlackBerry!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rmg
    rmg no está en línea Stack level 1

Missing Sync VS Pocket Mac

While you can drag and drop to a media card, Missing Sync for Blackberry syncs selected playlists from Mac really well. I use it with my Mac with great results. Problem is, Missing Sync doesn't install software, like desktop download themes, or any other non-OTA stuff. Only Pocketmac will do that.

Compounding problem is, Missing Sync won't run with Pocketmac installed. So, I'm constantly installing then uninstalling Pocketmac. It's a pain that requires 2 restarts to get the proper driver update on board for system 10.5. But I can get all my stuff.

What really ticks me off is I'd like to use Blackberry Desktop Manager in my Windows emulator, but can't get it to recognize there...

oh well.

JGTB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rmg View Post
    While you can drag and drop to a media card, Missing Sync for Blackberry syncs selected playlists from Mac really well. I use it with my Mac with great results. Problem is, Missing Sync doesn't install software, like desktop download themes, or any other non-OTA stuff. Only Pocketmac will do that.

Compounding problem is, Missing Sync won't run with Pocketmac installed. So, I'm constantly installing then uninstalling Pocketmac. It's a pain that requires 2 restarts to get the proper driver update on board for system 10.5. But I can get all my stuff.

What really ticks me off is I'd like to use Blackberry Desktop Manager in my Windows emulator, but can't get it to recognize there...

oh well.
    How do you sync themes from Mac to blackberry?

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JGTB View Post
    How do you sync themes from Mac to blackberry?
    You can always utilize an OTA download directly from the phone, but I believe PocketMac also can install ALX files too!