Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello fellow loved ones, I have a 2gb sd card in my pearl loaded up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Low Memory On Pearl*

Advertisement

Hello fellow loved ones,
    I have a 2gb sd card in my pearl loaded up with a bout 20 short video clips, 10 music videos, and i would venture to say a bout 23 cds. I love it!

What i dont love is that after a day or 2 of texting and my phone log filling up, oh and browsing the web, my phone device memory drops from around 12,000,000bytes to 5,000,000bytes. (under Options: Status)

And when it gets this low i notice i stop recieving text msgs and emails,internet sometimes will not load up either. So i go through and erase all txts and emails as well as call logs...Then have to power off my Pearl and take the battery out.

After doing this my Pearl has alot of memory and then i get txts and emails again, also internet will work again. Why does it get so low if i have no pictures, videos, or music on device memory. Its all on sd card!

I want to be able to downdload fun apps and games but my phone wont hold them. I once had google maps and loved it, but memory got low even quicker... Someone please help? Anything at all?

Phillbis no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Low Memory On Pearl*

What OS are you on? It could be a memory leak within the OS. I'm on TMO .64 and have the same issue. I do a soft reset every couple of days and don't have an issue. I do have the option to upgrade the OS but am waiting on all the bugs to be worked out.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

try this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...aner_lglg.html

also consider upgrading the device OS. if you are running earlier versions, as phillbis has stated, those OS versions are/were known for memory dumps.

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

thats alot of stuff on your pearl!!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yet deleting some of your default and preinstalled appls. Also the demo video and music.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

you try the OS update?

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Thanks guys, all is well for now. did the new OS!

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

A new OS won't fix it. You should delete the unused language apps and the sample video. That'll give you at least 30mb after a reboot. The memory will still leak though. Noone has been able to fix that problem so far.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

what about "Semitic Charachters and" - can you delete that??

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

Here's a batch file that I created for my Pearl. I copy it to the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.0.71_P2.2.0.41\Java" folder and run it. It will only leave the english components. I've done it with three os changes, and have had no problems. I end up with 43+ meg available. If you use it, I would highly suggest double-checking it, I may remove something you want to keep (like password keeper, ptt, etc.).
    Attached Files Attached Files

dicin no está en línea Stack level 2

[FONT=Calibri]Hi,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]To be safe and not to have any problems should one use the memory cleaner daily along with the Alt LGLG?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Thanks,[/FONT]

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

How come I don't see the memory cleaner option? I think I followed the instructions.

First I went to options, security options, general settings, and Enabled the password.

I then backed out and followed the path - Options, Security Options - but can't see the memory cleaning / show Icon.

any suggestions?

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by abcomputin
    Here's a batch file that I created for my Pearl. I copy it to the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.0.71_P2.2.0.41\Java" folder and run it. It will only leave the english components. I've done it with three os changes, and have had no problems. I end up with 43+ meg available. If you use it, I would highly suggest double-checking it, I may remove something you want to keep (like password keeper, ptt, etc.).
    ok once i copy it there and run it - HOW does this batch file do its thing on the BB itself??? i have put it there, ran it, plugged my BB in and nothing happens - what am i missing? please help! thx!

PIN/ID
    ask me

anyone? please help!

PIN/ID
    ask me

well i figured it out and thought i would actually help someone else wondering the same question:

"When a new OS is installed on the PC (not the device) the .cod files are contained in the java folder at (for OS .69) program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/8100-v4.2.0.69_P2.2.0.40."

So its (referring only to the rimfilesdelete.zip ) obviously something that you can only do with a fresh install......someone correct me if i am wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast