Hello, quick question I woke up this morning and found that all my SMS messages ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Snatcher no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Low mem deletes e-mails too?

Advertisement

Hello, quick question

I woke up this morning and found that all my SMS messages and e-mails past Feb 26 vanished from my BB. Studying the question in the forum I learned that low memory can cause disappearance of sms and call logs, which somewhat clarified the reason for the problem. I had only 5mb available.

However, the threads I found were not much clear about e-mails. Do they get deleted as well when we have low mem on the device? I need just to clear that out before worrying more about my device.

By the way, is it my imagination or there was an option to archive e-mails on the microsd card instead of the device`s mem?

(well, not so quick question after all)

Thanks a lot my friends!

Rgds,

Snatcher

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Low mem deletes e-mails too?

As for the low memory issue. Yes the unit will delete emails, sms, mms, call logs, error logs, etc..... basically it will delete anything that is not classified as a program or data file (logs are considered temporary) to clean up the memory to make sure it continues to function.

What I would do is make sure that all your photos and music are stored on the memory card and not the phone to start with (if not already done). Then I would make sure you have the latest OS for your unit and delete unneccessary files like multiple languages, help, password keeper (if you aren't using it), etc... I would then check and see what 3rd party apps you have loaded that you may no longer be using.

Zo

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah they do my phone does it all the time just back up your stuff on the DM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wait I can delete languages with out messing my phone up cause I have every one possible lol it won't delet the English version

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Nope. English is permanently installed in the unit. There is a UK English that is optional but yes, you can delete every other language in the phone with no issues.

Zo

Snatcher no está en línea Stack level 2

Hello all, thank you very much for the quick and kind info! I`ll proceed to free more space, good to know about all that.

regards!

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

Yeah I had my BlackBerry go down to 0KB free a couple of days ago... Lost all the logs/facebook/emails/everything temp on it was gone.
    Gave up on Rogers! Went to Telus!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~someone had mentioned that there's a leak in one of the os's

jconley1103 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B1F1A8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~with only 5 apps and 13mb of free file space, my 8100 just dumped all my mail. This is the second time in 3 wks. I think there must be something else going on