Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been noticing since I got my data plan my battery life has been dramastically ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

Question Low Battery Life

Advertisement

I've been noticing since I got my data plan my battery life has been dramastically lower. For example, before the data plan I would use the BB from 7AM - 8PM and still have about at Least half battery life. But now with the data plan at this time I would be in the red area. This is with about the same amount of usage. Is this normal or is there a battery problem?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Low Battery Life

You may want to check and see what apps you have running in the background. You may have some data hogs running. Click Alt+Escape to open up the list of running apps. Then you can close the ones you don't need. Keep in mind some will always remain open.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I thought it was my battery so I got a new one, then the same problem... I closed all my open apps and I find it lasts longer.

tj2311111 Guest

The programs that I found were open were Jivetalk, BB browser, BB Light (but I disabled it), and BB messenger. Which one is causing the most battery issues?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23
    The programs that I found were open were Jivetalk, BB browser, BB Light (but I disabled it), and BB messenger. Which one is causing the most battery issues?
    That would be Jivetalk! But, if you upgrade to the newest release (go to "About" in their menu), they have made a fix to conserve battery life while it is open in the background. I upgraded yesterday and kept it open all day and the battery drained much more slowly.

tj2311111 Guest

Yeah I got the email from Jivetalk yesterday and installed the new one with battery power saver. I'm not gonna lie I'm a BB addict and on it all the time. But before I wasn't draining the battery this much.

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Kinda off topic sorry. But where can I find jivetalk for a download? Thanks

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thumbs up Re: Low Battery Life

Quote Originally Posted by Mamatried
    Kinda off topic sorry. But where can I find jivetalk for a download? Thanks
    It's a beta application, so to be a tester you have to email the developers at: support@beejive.com.

There's also a thread on here, but someone or myself will get that link to you ASAP.

Its a GREAT app...you'll love it!
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C

I emailed them yesterday for jivetalk..no response yet, cant wait to try it!
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

I think the battery we get with the phone is cheap. At the price we pay, they could have a much better one in there.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I agree Einherjer. I tried the link for OTA and it says that there is an http error 404: not found. Any suggestions?

GP

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ya JiveTalk will def drain some battery. But the new build does have a battery save mode. If someone needs the ota or the zip link for JiveTalk, just email me and ill give you the link a lot faster than JiveTalk will lol.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The browser uses a lot of battery, so even if you use your BB the same amount of time, but are now using the browser or web-based apps, that is in part why you are seeing less battery life.

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Quote Originally Posted by Mp55
    Ya JiveTalk will def drain some battery. But the new build does have a battery save mode. If someone needs the ota or the zip link for JiveTalk, just email me and ill give you the link a lot faster than JiveTalk will lol.
    Hey MP55 i tried to PM you but it wouldnt let me. (i dont have 10 post yet) Anyways if you could send me the link for jivetalk that would be cool. My email is: or AIM: dritypirate. Thanks
    Last edited by Mamatried; 02-18-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

Hey mamatried I PMed you with the link. If you didn't get it just email me at mzec7(at)yahoo.com o I would suggest that you take your email of the thread since spam bots search forums for emails and bombarde you with spam. Nothing worse than a spammy blackberry. that is if you have your email forwarded to your BB of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast