Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey people, New to the board so jus wanna say Hi Been reading through the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Syrus no está en línea Stack level 1

Arrow Lovin the Pearl...but countless problems :(

Advertisement

Hey people,

New to the board so jus wanna say Hi Been reading through the forum and alotta good threads with some good info, but i didnt wanna disappoint so am doing the whole newbie thing of 'how do i?'.

Ok well got a list of problems so here goes..

1) I added all my contacts into the phone, I can call & text its all fine, but when i receive a text it doesnt display who its from even tho the contact is in my address book o_0. like in the address book its 077326... but in the msg it shows +4477326... so am bit confused. tried changing the number in the address book which works, but then the incoming calls arnt recognised and vice versa

2) Ok so am in the UK using the O2 network, but the pearl constantly displays 'data connection refused'? tried lookin it up on google, found alotta people with the same problem but no solution.. once again

3) This is probably related to number 2, but how do i get online? like im not with the whole enterprise thing so can i jus configure the phone to my gmail address?

4) This is jus a minor thing, jus me being stupid really but to me it is expected of a phone being a Sony Ericsson user till now... When the phone rings on whatever profile it vibrates like a few times then rings.. i changed the settings a number of ways but i cant get it to do both at the same time, like vibrate and ring together, jus a lil frustrating!

Thats it (for now), guess the problems arnt countless but yeah, plenty to get me messed up Appriciate any help you guys and gals can give and hope to hear from you.

Tc.

Syrus.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Lovin the Pearl...but countless problems :(

1) You need to pay for the display service. For contacts in your adress book, i know here you must included the contact's area code to display properly when called.

2) Make sure you have a data plan, call your carrier.

3) See 1

4) Can't be both at the same time, i know it sucks!!!

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the solution is already provided

thanks for the replies think you misunderstood me in 1, see im the uk right, so the country code is +44 then the phone number eg, +447793... so if u were callin me internationally u'd add the +44 before my number, but locally its 0 then the number eg 07793...

ok so when i receive a call, it comes thru locally as 07793... so if i have the name and number saved in the address book the name shows as the caller id. but if the same person sms's me and i have the name & number saved locally as 07793 in the address book, then the phone receives it from the network operator message service centre with an international code +447793... so the contacs name isnt displayed even though its saved in my address book but locally.

Okay i know that sounds increadibly confusing but its the best i can do without actually showing it to you lol, so well i know its askin alot, but i really do appriciate the help.

Thanks again!

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

1) I'm not sure about.

2) If you don't have internet for your phone, you can get rid of that message by going to OPTIONS, then NETWORK and turn DATA SERVICES to OFF.

3) You have to have internet for your phone.

4) You can make it vibrate, then ring. Try going to PROFILES, then at the bottom ADVANCED and click on a profile to edit it.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Syrus
    thanks for the replies think you misunderstood me in 1, see im the uk right, so the country code is +44 then the phone number eg, +447793... so if u were callin me internationally u'd add the +44 before my number, but locally its 0 then the number eg 07793...

ok so when i receive a call, it comes thru locally as 07793... so if i have the name and number saved in the address book the name shows as the caller id. but if the same person sms's me and i have the name & number saved locally as 07793 in the address book, then the phone receives it from the network operator message service centre with an international code +447793... so the contacs name isnt displayed even though its saved in my address book but locally.

Okay i know that sounds increadibly confusing but its the best i can do without actually showing it to you lol, so well i know its askin alot, but i really do appriciate the help.

Thanks again!
    I remember someone else having a simular problem with the area code. I wish I remembered what the post was called. I will see if I can bring that up for you.

Hope you get this fixed!
    GP

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

hey syrus. am not sure if this will work. but try it just in case.go to options in your phone application/smart dialling, put your country code as +44 and save.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Other solution for 1) is to save ALL numbers in international form...
    I was forced to do so since I travel a lot abroad...
    Not sure Superdad's solution covers traveling abroad.
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Syrus, If this does not work I am afraid that you will have to add +44 to all your contacts individually, you will then get contact details in UK and when abroad.

Gaz.

banksi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2521E932

Syrus,

Superdads solution works, we had this problem back in October when we first got our Pearl's on the O2 network...

Cheers

Iain

PIN/ID

yaaaaaaaay

hey guys, thanks for your help but..well this is a little embarrassing, but i cant find the smart dialing in phone options? Ive checked in the whole options but this is as close as i got to superdad's directions:

options > advanced options > applications > then theres just a big list of apps installed but no smart dialing?

any ideas?

PIN/ID

i just replied to u in another thread. go to the phone application(press the green phone key) in the call log screen press menu(the key to the left of the track ball) you will find options/smart dialling.

superdad, thanks for the help, its fixed now i can finally tell who im gettin these sms's from now! thats most of my problems fixed now! the rest my network operator is sorting, finally spoke to someone who knows what they doin so its all good. thanks to everyone that helped me out, appriciate it.

syrus.

bbe5555 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi the answer too your contact name coming up when recieving a txt is you have to have all the names on your sim stored aswell or the phone just displays numbers . Also every time you turn off phone this resets and you have to copy to sim again which is a pain but solves your issues .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast