Hi everyone, I bought my red Pearl two weeks ago and have so far loved ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dperdo01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Louder ring? Vibrate+ring same time? More than 2 snooze rings? Where's browser?

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I bought my red Pearl two weeks ago and have so far loved it -- I switched from a regular phone, this is my first PDA/smart phone and I'm impressed.

However, there are a few functionalities that are either missing or I simply can't find them. I hope it's the latter because they're the kind of functionalities that every basic cell phone seems to have these days.

• Even when I have the ring on "Loud" it's just not loud enough. Is there any way to make the ring louder? I keep my phone in my purse most of the time, and I hate missing calls -- especially when I'm in loud places, etc.
    • Is there any way to make the phone vibrate and ring at the same time? As I said, my phone is in my purse most of the time, so by the time the vibrate tones are done, I've only got a few rings I'll hear to get to the call. I don't want to put it just on ring, because if I'm in a loud place, vibration is better. Any ideas? A site I can go to to download this functionality?
    • I got used to using my old cell phone as an alarm clock. I nearly didn't get to work on time a few mornings because the snooze feature seems to stop going off. Is there a problem with my phone or is this just how BB's work? Don't I get unlimited rings until I hit 'dismiss'?? -- isn't that the point of hitting snooze? (Note: if I get up 2 hours later -- this happened and I missed a meeting!! -- it still says that the alarm is going off (asking me to hit 'dimiss' or 'snooze') but it's not!)
    • On an other alarm-related note: Is there any way to set more than one alarm? I'd like to have a daily alarm plus another alarm I can set whenever I need, without having to erase my daily one (and then have to go back and re-set it).
    • Finally, I can't find the browser! It's supposed to be under Applications but there's no browser icon there. Anyone have any ideas?
    I really appreciate your help in advance.
    Last edited by dperdo01; 07-02-2007 at 01:54 AM.

tahikib no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Louder ring? Vibrate+ring same time? More than 2 snooze rings? Where's browser?

I also don't like the Ringer and Vibrator. They suck. I would like to know how to make them louder to.

So far I found that using the most annoying ring like crazy frog's thing works the best. I can hear it from upstairs.

Browser. Click menu the click show all. Maybe it is hidden.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Re: Louder ring? Vibrate+ring same time? More than 2 snooze rings? Where's browser?

my solution for making it ring louder is.. well.. since i make my own ringtones, i just raise the volume in the file before i save it this takes a couple tries... but i try to find out what's the loudest i can make it before it starts sounding distorted on the pearl speaker

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

For the Alarm note - check on the thread "My Alarm" by lhurtado. he's got a program that allows you to have multiple alarms. hope this helps.

a000op no está en línea Stack level 1

I think quite a few of these questions have been answered in great detail on other threads.

Try using the search facility and I'm sure you'll find most of the answers you're looking for.

I'm sorry I can't actually fin dthe answers I'm looking for in other threads. Perhaps my searching skills aren't refined -- can anyone post links or just answer some of my questions (if you can!)? Thank you!

Anyone??