First-time owner here, and I have a question I've not found by searching, and could ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Steve Irwin no está en línea Stack level 1

Lotus notes - sync calendar only via USB

Advertisement

First-time owner here, and I have a question I've not found by searching, and could not sleuth out by RTFM.

I received BB8100 for my birthday recently, and I've set up my personal email account. It is working fine.

My employer runs Lotus Notes as our email. Computers are configured such that the email and calendars on the computer are replicas of the Notes server. Periodically, the computer replicates with the server, and gets emails and updates the server calendar.

I would like to set up my BB to sync with the local version of my Notes calendar using the USB. Only the calendar and not the email. If my BB could only copy the calendar, and not update it, that would be acceptable.

In short, I want my BB to copy the local calendar, which is really a copy of the server copy.

I do not want to go through IT for the following reasons:
    (1) there is an internal budgetary charge;
    (2) gotta get permission from my mgmt chain;
    (2) they would likely make me also accept work email, and I do not so want.

Is this possible to do this? Without the BES?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Lotus notes - sync calendar only via USB

Here is what I did. I have Lotus Notes for business email/calendar and such also. They would not hook up my personal BB to the BES for money reasons so I had to find another way and here it is. In the DM software setup your sync preferences so that it syncs one way.

1: Open DM and choose Syncronize
    2: Choose the Configuration tab
    3: Click the Configure Synch.. button
    4: In the window that opens, check the calendar box, this will open the calendar setup
    5: Choose Lotus Notes, on the next screen choose one way "sync to device"
    6: On the next screen enter your Lotus Notes password and file location
    7: Click finish!

As a side note, I also configured Lotus Notes to forward a copy of emails to my BIS email account so I can read my email. But since they don't pay for it I do not respond with it, just read them. To do that just simply create a mail rule in Lotus that forwards the mail to your other account.

And welcome to Pinstack!
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 11-18-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Steve Irwin no está en línea Stack level 1

Doughdaddy-thanks for your headsup. I got it working, and in fact I am able to sync both ways with my local copy of the notes calendar - which periodically updates to/from the server copy.

Steve

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Anytime

roloss no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did it but when I sync I received an error, the process starts in the progress window apears that the softwe is reading Lotus Notes Agenda next to that apears Lotus Notes connector returned a Notes kernel error ( code 2055 ). See Notes API documentation for more details.

And stop the sync process ....

What can I do to solve it ?

Samba no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post

As a side note, I also configured Lotus Notes to forward a copy of emails to my BIS email account so I can read my email. But since they don't pay for it I do not respond with it, just read them. To do that just simply create a mail rule in Lotus that forwards the mail to your other account.

And welcome to Pinstack!

I used to forward my emails to my blackberry too but sometimes people send me large attachment files which causes issues !! Is there a way to setup the forward without attachments? .. probably more of a lotus notes question i guess but incase you have this setup already kindly do share!
    Cheers!

fabianb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,

I am having the same problem. Could you please tell me what DM stands for?

Thanks,
    F

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I can't find the option to forward all my emails in rules.
    What do I have to do to make this work