I upgrade my 8100 to 4.2.064, via the latest Desktop Mgr. ( 4.2.0.14) both from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

agast no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Lost Security - Password Disable

Advertisement

I upgrade my 8100 to 4.2.064, via the latest Desktop Mgr. ( 4.2.0.14) both from T-Mobile. Now in my options -- Security, General, Password, I have lost the ability to disable my Password or change the Security Timeout. On my prior config I had it set as Password Enabled, and the Timeout set to 10 mins. In this option screen with the expanded menu I have not option to change the Timeout which is now set to 1 hour (too long). There are red lock icons next to both fields, and I don't have the option to disable my password (to change the Timeout setting). The only thing that I am allowed to do is to change my password.

Any suggestions...?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Agast, this is due to your company's security settings. Similar to you, my company will not allow me to disable the password and has set the security timeout to 10 minutes. It is annoying, but if that is your company's BES policy, you probably can't get it changed.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    And Welcome to the Stacks.

agast no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks -- I'll check with my Network Admin to try to get the timeout changed to a reasonable time versus 1 hour. I also appreciate the welcome. The Stacks is a great resource to the BB community. Very knowledgable, prompt, and helpful advice!