How can I get those preloaded pics back from the 4.3 OS? Or is it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gummieebear no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Lost preloaded pics when updating to 4.5 OS

Advertisement

How can I get those preloaded pics back from the 4.3 OS? Or is it just better to not have the preloaded pics cause it takes up more memory?

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    i lost mine too, i think it better without them, no need to waste the space with things i dont need.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by gummieebear View Post
    How can I get those preloaded pics back from the 4.3 OS? Or is it just better to not have the preloaded pics cause it takes up more memory?
    Unfortunately that's one drawback of upgrading. The pre-loaded pics don't take up much memory so that's not really an issue. I just downloaded some of the great backgrounds here on he Stacks, also if you haveny already, be sure to get a memory card so you can store all your media on it instead of your internal memory.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

acljoe no está en línea Stack level 1

restoring folders and default pics

Make sure you only follow these instructions if you sort of know what you're doing and are comfortable editing your Blackberry.alx file. I will not take any responsibility if you brick your BlackBerry. This is merely a post of what worked for me.

Here is how I was able to restore the ability to add homescreen multi-colored folders with icons (default in OS 4.3.x). Keep in mind that I have a Sprint 8330, with OS 4.5.0.51. I cannot verify that this will work for a non-CDMA device, but it might work similarly.

The problem seems to be a missing COD file in the OS load. What I did was copy the COD file from my previous 4.3 OS file, and update the Blackberry.alx file to reference that COD. Make sure you have previously installed OS 4.3 on your PC (If not you will have to install it for the purposes of copying the file below only).

Setp 1: Copy and Paste the COD file in your 4.5 Loader Files
    Where to copy the COD file:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.3.0.127_P3.1.0.73\Java

The name of the COD file is: net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod

Paste this file in the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.51_P3.2.0.41\Java

Step 2: Add the reference to the COD file in your Blackberry.alx file
    Where this file is located:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.3.0.127_P3.1.0.73

Open this file with NotePad or another text editor (to do this, right click on the file then choose "Open With" or "Open" and choose NotePad)

paste the following string of text (net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod) somewhere in the list of COD files that follows this statement:
    <fileset radio="CDMA" Java="1.0">
    <files>

net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod

Save the file.

Then sync your BlackBerry using the Desktop Manager.