Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

any way i can just lock the keys and unlock without a password then if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jstylez no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: lost pearl

Advertisement

any way i can just lock the keys and unlock without a password then if i don't touch my phone for over an hour it gets a password lock??? i think some one said something like this earlier thxs in advance

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Key Lock is just holding down the * key. If you enable the password then no you have to put in the password. It's one way or the other.

You can always use the standby mode by holding down the mute button on the top. It works much better than key lock in my opinion.

I have just started using a password for my phone, just in case I lose it or it gets stolen. I also use standby with the password lock after an hour. So standby you don't need to put in a password everytime you pull it out of standby. Also have it set to password lock after an hour. I think it works great. After talking with Cherri I decided it might be a good idea to password lock it.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Reddog your advice is spot on!!!! I am going to password protect my Pearls now too...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

let me add some to reddog's post:

i have the autolock program from http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software

if you have this enabled, it will autolock with the backlight timeout settings...so with that being said, if you have the autolock AND enable pw protect after 1 hour, it defaults to lock with PW when the backlight times out...hope that makes sense...its very annoying to have to unlock the bb that often, so the 1 hour timeout won't work when using the autolock app

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think this is a great feature except I'm not sure what my password is. I'm thinking when I first got my pearl you had to setup a password but I don't remember? Or will it prompt for a password when I enable the feature? I just don't want to be stuck with a locked phone all day

Jstylez no está en línea Stack level 1

you guys are the best (again) thxs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12