Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i lost my pearl last night at the yankee game just wondering what my options ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jstylez no está en línea Stack level 1

lost pearl

Advertisement

i lost my pearl last night at the yankee game just wondering what my options are. When i first realized i lost it i was calling it and it would just ring and ring then after about 15 mins of calling it it just started to go to voice mail so someone has it and turned it off. i have cingular service and have alot of personal information on there.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: lost pearl

Hello, and welcome, Sorry to hear about your loss. On the other hand GO YANKS!!!

First off, call your provider and let them know, they will turn off the service so no fraudulent calls can be made.

Second, are you on a BES? If so your BES admin can send a erase data and lock to the handheld.

Hope this helps.

whats bes i used the desktop manager to back up my info

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

BES is usually a corporate set up that allows devices to wirelessly sync and recieve info. If you were on a BES they could just resend your information to you if you replace your device.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

i know with tmobile you can ask them to do a master reset you can try askin cingular to do one
    Dymond Tink
    Mylee Pearl
    Hannah Curve

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Cingy should be able to put a hold on your account so you don't get any additional charges, but you'll have to work out with them buying your next phone or replacing that one.

it's, in my opinion, wise to password protect your phone. cause when they try to figure out your pw it'll lock itself & it doesn't matter if they have another sim card to put in it. i learned the hard way myself.

oh and pettite & clemens can go to hell. i'm glad roger got drove last night. nothing against the yanks though.
    Last edited by mudshovel; 05-24-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged.

thxs for all the help went to cingular got a new sim card then realized my mom had the same phone since she got a cell phone so i upgraded her phone on the account and got a new blackberry pearl for $250 thxs for all your help tho and how do i get on bes???

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3

BES is primarily for corporate users of Blackberrys. Since you are using BIS, your best protection in the future is to just enable the password timeout on your blackberry. I have mine set so that if I don't use my blackberry for 1 hour, it locks and requires a password. Thus my data is safe. If someone tries to guess my password wrong 10 time, all of my data is wiped clear! (I have a backup on my computer using Desktop Manager)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

directions on how to pw protect it ^^

options/security options/general settings
    change security timeout to desired time

once you set this, and you forget your pw, you will get a certain amount of tries (defaults to 10 i believe but can be changed in that same menu as above)...after that many bad entries, the bb wipes itself and all data on the bb is lost

Go Yankees ! ! !

i think that all the cell phone should come with a cell phone "tracker" or track every call the theif makes with it. Would it be nice if they had a GPS locater on the phone?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I think newer BB's (with the correct software), and have Nextel devices have the GPS in them.

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82

That would be great to have a phone "LoJack." Like previously mentioned I believe the carrier and do a remote master reset. Also if you have some insurance I kinow TMO will replace for a certain fee. I forget what it is though?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

$15 if you replace it thru warranty replacement but that doesn't cover loss or theft (I think that's right). The Assurion Insurance does but it's $110.

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82

I just bought my Pearl is there some warrany form I need to fill out ?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Define warranty? Do you have insurance on your plan? If you do then you don't need to do anything.

There is a 1 year manufacturer warranty and that is based on conditions, so if anything goes wrong you can send it in. You just have to talk to TMO about that.

Basically until something goes wrong you don't have to do anything. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast