Ok, before the festivities even began last night I seemed to have misplaced my phone, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

geelexus no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Lost my BB Pearl

Ok, before the festivities even began last night I seemed to have misplaced my phone, or else I was pick pocketed or something. I've looked everywhere for it and also realized it's on vibrate so that doesn't really help either. I have never lost a phone before, I just don't know if there is anything special I should do since this was my first BB, I mean aside from contacting my service provider, aka ATT which doesn't offer insurance so before you ask No I didn't have any, I also know that whom ever has my phone can access my pics and send emails through my account, is there more that I should be concerned with?
    I'm really hoping for a miracle that it somehow shows up so I'm going to give it till the end of the day at least before I call ATT. Now I know it will be insanely expensive to replace this bad boy, do you guys think it might be cheaper for me to look at ebay for a used or new one? I've also never bought a phone not from the carrier directly, so I'm just not sure how difficult a process that would be, to get it transferred.
    Sorry if this is rambling and newbie sounding. I have used this site since before I even made the switch to my BB and would like to thank all of you for all the help along the way, I learned so much from this place I'm trying to stay positive that it still might show up and I hope that worst case I just bite the bullet and get another BB, I can't imagine going back to anything else. Hope everyone else's St Patty's Day was better than mine!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome to the Stacks. That is too bad, I hope you find it.
    As for Buying off Ebay, that can be, as with anything on there a Gamble. I was helping some one yesterday that got one from there that crashes, even after a reinstall of the SW. Usally you want to seach for one that is either unlocked or for your carrier, this cuts down on haveing to switch things around. You will also need a new SIM card and then to move all your mail and such to the New Pin number. All BBs have a PIN number that the mail routes to. But I hope you find it!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.

Tinkermomof3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow, that really stinks. With AT&T, it's really easy, to suspend your service if you lose it, and then just call to get it turned back on. Literally took me like 5 minutes. I hope you don't have to go to long without a phone. I know that's torture.