Hi, was heading to work today with bb in bag while in keyboard lock mode. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eleftheriag no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost data on BB pearl 8100

Advertisement

Hi, was heading to work today with bb in bag while in keyboard lock mode.
    At some point it must have closed ?? freaked out ?? and when I looked at it later at the office, I saw that sms, emails and addresses from yesterday were all gone!!!! I might have heard a weird sound at some point I think... but not sure. Has this happened to anyone else??? Is there a reason for this ???? thanks!!!!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    How's your memory? Sounds like you device memory was low and your BB dumped your messages. I'm mobile right now, so don't have a link. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 05-02-2008 at 07:55 AM.

But why would it also bump addresses ??? I was just worried that my bb had a problem ...phew...Thanks for the info, will look for the link. If you find it before I do could you please send it my way ?? Thanks!!!!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

When you say addresses from yesterday, do you mean the call logs? That gets dumped also, same as SMS, email and MMS messages. It is the BB way of keeping enough memory to run. It is a fail safe so that apps and calls as well as more emails can continue to come in.

Sorry (I get confused when I have to switch to english language mode- thats what I get for living overseas) by addresses I mean tel numbers I stored yesterday, I can understand it dumping the rest but not that. Its just weird to me. Thanks for the link. I will print it out and read it all and see what I can do. How do I get rid off any stray files from themes stored/deleted in the past ? Thanks again, E

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had this same problem I just deleted some of the themes that I dont use along with the other things that I dont use and havent had a problem since

woelk89 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Damn I thought I was the only one! Yeah my BB 8100 will delete all of my sms and msm text messages and my call log on top of that. It does it about 3 to 4 times a day. I have a memory card but I don't see how it could do anything with the memory. It gets really annoying because it will say I have missed calls but by the time I look at it its all deleted. Same with my messages the second my phone goes off when I have a message it will delete it. Anymore information and help would be appreciated!

Your memory card has nothing to do with the device memory. They are two different things, the device memory holds all the OS and app infomation; the memory card is just a storage place for pics, ringtones, music and such.

Check the device memory by going to menu > options > status and look at the free file size. If it is at or below 7000000 bytes (7mb) it is too loo.

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i had this problem with my first 8100, and it drove me completely insane. i ended up getting a replacement, which would shut off for no reason. now im on my 3rd one, but its perfect and i love it...when it would delete all my messages, it was the most unbelievable aggrivating experiances i have ever had to go through
    TRUST me...im a pro

power1022 no está en línea Stack level 1
    goto the www.blackberry.com/btsc site and type in the search box memory management this article will help you

this happened to me

thanks for all the info!!!!
    @ moblo55 -- I know what u mean... lost all sorts of tel numbers that I had not written down
    I will be deleting mass stuff off it today that I dont use!!!
    thanks again!