Hi, Just restored to a backup I made 2 weeks ago and now my Browser ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dodotopia no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost BB Browser

Advertisement

Hi,

Just restored to a backup I made 2 weeks ago and now my Browser app is gone!

I go to the BB Desktop Manager and under the 'Application Loader', the 'Browser' option is grayed out therefore, I can't re-install it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Lost BB Browser

Try resending your service books Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click to Register Now. Then a battery pull reset (take out battery with BB on then hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds before putting the battery back in). You can also resend your service books by logging into your carrier's website.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

dodotopia no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Lost BB Browser

Yep...that worked!

Thanks once again...

michaelcramos no está en línea Stack level 2

im going to try that im have the same problem with my wife phone i instaled a theme on hers and now we lost the bb browser i tried the service book thing but nothing but i haven't tried to hold down the power off key i hope it works cuase shes mad at me and holding out till i fix it LOL

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That happened to me an customer service was able to send me the browser to my device. I went that route after sending the service books through bis didn't work.

ok so i tried to hrt and pulled the battery now i have an erorr reading uncaught exception:applicationregistry.waitfor(0xac3ae76427 d17f19)timeout please help

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Michael, it sounds like the issue that occurs when the Desktop Manager is corrupted. Most likely you'll need to download the latest Desktop Manager (4.2 SP2) and install it to your PC. Then download and install your carriers most recent phone OS. That should get you back on track.

There is a list of available OS versions here.

And a walkthrough for upgrading your OS here.

And the link to download desktop manager here.

Let us know if you have any other issues. The OS reload does take a while. Good luck!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I lost my BB Browser the other day on my 8830 and how I got mine back was going to options then advanced options then host routing table then hit your options button (directly left to your trackball) then click register and then mine came right back.
    Best of luck

thanks FLAVA im going to check it out by the way on bb im not having that problem but my wifes bb is but ill try it anyway it's worth a shot peace TEE

L80XTC no está en línea Stack level 1
    After searching Pinstack, I was thrilled that I was able to restore my BB 8830. But, like most, I, too, lost my browser. I was a bit confused after I clicked my way to the Host Routing Table, I couldn't figure out where the "Click to register," option was located. I read further and it's just a simple left click away. Voila! My browser was restored in seconds! Thanks to all the Professional Pinstackers - got me through a harrowing day with my BB 8830. I didn't even have to test its aerodynamic ability today! You're lifesavers!