I have a strange problem, about an hour ago I lost all of the contacts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shortman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Lost Address book

Advertisement

I have a strange problem, about an hour ago I lost all of the contacts in my BB address book as well as calendar entries. Does anyone have a clue how I can them back. Outlook and my Hosted Exchange address book are currently up but berry only has the two group entries. Any suggestions?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Go under Options, Advanced, Service Books and see if you have one labeled [Desktop]CICAL? If you do, delete it, and then resend your service books to your phone if you can. If that works, do the same for the Address Book.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Have you recently done a back up with the black berry desk top manager? If so you should be able to reload them by doing a restore using your pc. Best of luck.
    Regards cHAd. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If they are setup to sync wirelessly, a desktop sync would not be an option.

PIN/ID
    There is an entry for "Exchange CICAL" but no mention of [Desktop], do I delete this entry?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yes, should be the same. I wasn't sure how yours would read being on a hosted BES. I'm on a company BES.

Delete that, resend your service books and give it a little bit to resend your calendar items.

PIN/ID
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the last thing I did before this problem was add and address using "Beyond 411"

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    That SHOULDN'T affect anything...especially causing a loss of your address book & calendar events. I haven't read anything on here before about Beyond411 causing issues for anyone but you never know. Issues have to start somewhere right? :-)

PIN/ID
    Not sure how long it takes for the Service Book to refresh but so far the CICAL Service Book has not returned, also not sure which one of the entries is for the address book. This is driving me crazy. my phone is ringing with my default ringer which I love but I am starting to miss the personalization of the custom tunes which won't play due to no address book entries.

PIN/ID
    Not sure how long it takes for the Service Book to refresh but so far the CICAL Service Book has not returned, also not sure which one of the entries is for the address book. This is driving me crazy. my phone is ringing with my default ringer which I love but I am starting to miss the personalization of the custom tunes which won't play due to no address book entries. Am I looking at a WIPE and RELOAD?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    No.

Either have the hosting company resend the service books and if that doesn't work, initiate a new enterprise activation.

Then if they don't show up, your device does have an issue.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    I wanted to update everyone on this issue and thank everyone for their help, it turns out the problem was not with my BB but Outlook. A second address book and calendar "appeared" in Outlook and became the defaults to sync with my exchange server. Still puzzled about how the information in Outlook on the web still had all the correct information but anyway I just copy all of the info from the original address book and calendar to the new address book and calendar and everything is working again. Thanks again for all of the suggestions.
    Last edited by shortman; 04-12-2008 at 12:26 PM.