Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well I had the same issue, Apperently they decided to delete them. I then did ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chuckymafia2001 Guest

Re: Loss of blackberry maps

Advertisement

Well I had the same issue, Apperently they decided to delete them. I then did some research on my own and found out that they use only 3 files because the new version of the device firmware only allows for you to use it via Telenavs or so. Here are the three files, put them into your java folder of the update and it will show up. then install it and it should let you have the maps once again working fully, but you do nees the data plan. It gets all the data from the Internet. So good luck with the files.

Jsex no está en línea Stack level 2

is your data connection actice? Setting->Mobile Network-> Data services, check to see if it is on

SysCrusher no está en línea Stack level 1

Make sure data services is turned on. The latest AT&T firmware will delete though. When the phone connects to desktop manager, it will see the maps on your phone as an unrecognized program and will delete it. But first, it will tell you your phone needs to be updated and then after click update will you see that it's deleting it.

It will work without a specific dataplan just fine. I have used it multiple times. It is just at&t wants you to spend the money on their GPS service.

With that said, I have gone back to the older Cingular release to keep my maps. Comes in handy when you need it.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

AT&T / Cingular disabled BB Maps during their latest OS Updates.

To get it back, follow the instructions I posted in this thread. It's on your device, but AT&T is disabling the icon.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sappeared.html

Good luck!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

The instructions from mjwood0 work.

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

The icon will vanish every time you do an OS update. You can download the program from the Blackberry web sit. It will work but everytime you do an update you will lose the icon. I have to download it everytime I update.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by chuckymafia2001
    Well I had the same issue, Apperently they decided to delete them. I then did some research on my own and found out that they use only 3 files because the new version of the device firmware only allows for you to use it via Telenavs or so.
    Nope. The issue is that unless you remove the vendor ID's in lbs.alx you won't have BB Maps. At&t has only removed BB Maps. You can load and use any other GPS app.

I'd seriusly recommend using any GPS app other than BB Maps. It always has problems acquiring satellite and updaing my location. None of the 5 other GPS-enabled apps on my 8800 have these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SysCrusher
    It will work without a specific dataplan just fine. I have used it multiple times. It is just at&t wants you to spend the money on their GPS service.
    Just watch out for per-use charges if you don't have any data plan. Again, you can use any GPS app other than BB Maps without editing lbs.alx. I have many that I'm trying out installed on my at&t 8800.
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-14-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12