Ever since I got my pearl for Christmas, the battery cover has been slipping off ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lethallamppost no está en línea Stack level 1

Loose battery cover

Advertisement

Ever since I got my pearl for Christmas, the battery cover has been slipping off of the phone numerous times within my pockect. Even the tinniest amount of pressure can throw it off the phone. I've tried using another cover from my friends pearl, and it seems to slip off too, and upon closer inspection the button for the battery latch never seems to fully pop back up, instead it just kinda sits there kind of slanted.

Sending it back to the seller isn't an option because it was bought for me on ebay quite some time ago, and I don't think much can be done now since so much time has passed.

so if you guys have any suggestions, your help would be greatly appreciated. Also, just in case some of you are wondering, if you apply pressure on any portion of the cover, it'll slip off, not just the shiny chrome section as was mentioned in previous posts. Thanks again!

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Loose battery cover

You can try here to get it fixed. Looks like $35 with a 24 hour turnaround time.

http://www.bbrepairshop.com/repair-8100.html

Or do it yourself for $29.99

http://www.bbrepairshop.com/Parts8100.html
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

lethallamppost no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Loose battery cover

I don't mind doing the repair myself, but do you know of any "how-to's" posted on this? I've searched these forums and I can't seem to find anything. Thanks for the quick reply!